Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #11 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackyBear View Post
Does he do it only when you are around? Have you tried sneaking into the room to where he doesn't see you?

It could be he just wants a bit of food. Some bettas will 'dance' and wiggle in attempt to charm you for another pellet or flake pinch ;p
It varies. He does it more when I'm not around. When I am he will will do the little wiggle thing and blow bubbles. I think he is growing very fond of me :3
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #12 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Tank size Bettas require a tank of 2.5 gallons minimum 5 would be better for you do nor forget heater. ZackyBear I have a chocolate Betta too is it in a 10 gallon if so it would be just like mine.
He is in a 5 gallon. I6t has some decorations and 2 1/2 hides. The 1/2 would be a glass see through vase. I plan on making it a NPT
Old 09-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #13 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

He sounds very sweet. He might be abit bored and some new decorations should help and maybe a floating log or a cave to explore, my Betta loves those things. I have never tried any live foods but mine likes the freezedried bloodworms for a treat. When my little guy is acting bored I use something he can see his reflection in for a couple of mins. and that seems to perk him up.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #14 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
He sounds very sweet. He might be abit bored and some new decorations should help and maybe a floating log or a cave to explore, my Betta loves those things. I have never tried any live foods but mine likes the freezedried bloodworms for a treat. When my little guy is acting bored I use something he can see his reflection in for a couple of mins. and that seems to perk him up.
He is very sweet but can be feisty. Especially if he sees a kitty! He flares up so much, its pretty funny to watch him. I don't like the cats going around him too much though. I don't want him stressed. Thats my main concern at the moment. and getting a heater.
As for freeze dried blood worms,would you be able to tell me the difference between blood worms and black worms?

I'm going to have to find some floating stuff for him. I do have a bunch of legos :D
Old 09-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #15 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsKourtneyYoC8 View Post
He is very sweet but can be feisty. Especially if he sees a kitty! He flares up so much, its pretty funny to watch him. I don't like the cats going around him too much though. I don't want him stressed. Thats my main concern at the moment. and getting a heater.
As for freeze dried blood worms,would you be able to tell me the difference between blood worms and black worms?

I'm going to have to find some floating stuff for him. I do have a bunch of legos :D

and so far, I'm always changing up his decorations whenever I do a change[50% once a week] to keep things interesting for him.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #16 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Sounds like your doing a great job with him and his home ! Yeah your going to need a heater and that should come first, its getting cooler where I live in Tennessee and I have noticed my heater is starting to come on more now. Also get a themometer to check the temp of the water and keep and eye on the temp as the tank water starts to heat up to make sure its working alright. I have and Elite adjustable heater its doing a great job, I have mine set to 78.

About the difference in the worms I am not sure but I believe the blood worms are safer and there might be some issues with the black worms if I am remembering correctly some people here have said not to use them. I know you can get the frozen blood worms, they come in cubes that you slice a piece off of and let them defrost some and then give them to your Betta, I think most people here use those. They are better cause you dont have to worry about any germs being on t hem as they have been frozen.

Hey some live plants that float would be nice if you want something that floats at the surface of the water, I have Hornwort and love it and so does my Betta Perseus although he attacked it when I first put in the tank...lol
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #17 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Sounds like your doing a great job with him and his home ! Yeah your going to need a heater and that should come first, its getting cooler where I live in Tennessee and I have noticed my heater is starting to come on more now. Also get a themometer to check the temp of the water and keep and eye on the temp as the tank water starts to heat up to make sure its working alright. I have and Elite adjustable heater its doing a great job, I have mine set to 78.

About the difference in the worms I am not sure but I believe the blood worms are safer and there might be some issues with the black worms if I am remembering correctly some people here have said not to use them. I know you can get the frozen blood worms, they come in cubes that you slice a piece off of and let them defrost some and then give them to your Betta, I think most people here use those. They are better cause you dont have to worry about any germs being on t hem as they have been frozen.

Hey some live plants that float would be nice if you want something that floats at the surface of the water, I have Hornwort and love it and so does my Betta Perseus although he attacked it when I first put in the tank...lol
I'm trying my best! He seems pretty content beside the paceing. I do have a therm. to keep track of the temps. It's always 74 but with water changes its 78 then lowers as the time goes by.

And I'd love to get some floating plants. I really love the water sprites and java moss.
I've seen the frozen bloodworms but not ever at any stores. I'm sure my local pet store has some. I'm excited about getting him some plants and seeing his reaction mostly!

Any idea how to post pictures?
Old 09-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #18 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:

Are there any differences n appearance with the black and blood worms that you know of?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #19 
Jully

My betta used to swim back and forth too in the same spot, he usually did it when I came up to the tank like he's excited and if I left he wouldn't do it anymore, I believe or he would do it then stop. Now he doesn't do it anymore.
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #20 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Just wanted to let you all know that his temps went up. I'm not sure how or why but they did. THe day I posted this it went from 74 to 76 degrees and now its 78 degrees. I'm still getting him a heater tomorrow though and some other things for him. Also, I'm going to be posting pictures of him verrryyyy shortly :D