Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #1 
Kitty Whiskers

Question Should I get this tank? What do you think?

What do you think of this 5 gallon tank? It had alot of good customer reviews. I'm looking for a small desk top type of tank (5 gallons or under) to upgrade my 1 gallon tank my new Betta Chester is in right now.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aquarius-A...-Pets/17480272
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #2 
LadyVictorian

That's the tank I have and I LOVE it. It's a great tank, easy to deal with, the only issue I have with it is the power cord to my heater. I need to buy electrical tape and tape it to the filters cord so it can fit out the back.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #3 
sarahspins

I think a glass tank would last longer (doesn't scratch as easily), but no reason that wouldn't work fine for you as long as you added a heater :)
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #4 
LadyVictorian

OMG NO WAY

I just realized the tank is called Aquarius and my betta's name is Aquarius. WOW can you say ironic xD I had to run to the rats box mound and look and sure enough that is what it's called. I am laughing so hard right now. xD didn't even notice that, so didn't name my fish after the tank either. I named him after the Within Temptation song in my signature. This is a bit weird and a story to tell for the ages.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #5 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahspins View Post
I think a glass tank would last longer (doesn't scratch as easily), but no reason that wouldn't work fine for you as long as you added a heater :)
I already have a glass 5 Gallon that my other Male Betta Ace is living in. I just wanted something lighter and something different looking from his. Yep I will for sure get a heater for it too.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #6 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
OMG NO WAY

I just realized the tank is called Aquarius and my betta's name is Aquarius. WOW can you say ironic xD I had to run to the rats box mound and look and sure enough that is what it's called. I am laughing so hard right now. xD didn't even notice that, so didn't name my fish after the tank either. I named him after the Within Temptation song in my signature. This is a bit weird and a story to tell for the ages.
LOL that is a funny thing to find out about your Betta! I named my Female Betta Spectra (My Avatar picture), then I came to find out that "Spectra" is the brand name of the new aquarium gravel I bought for her tank. I didn't know it till I went to throw the empty bag away. I was like...Woah her name was meant to be just that! LOL

Last edited by Kitty Whiskers; 09-18-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #7 
teeneythebetta

I agree that glass is a much better invesent.
Walmart sells a 5 gallon kit (I forget the brand)
Glass tank, hood with light, and filter. Online it's like $38ish I think but it was a few dollars cheaper in store.

Edit: Found it! http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;...-Pets/12177653

I'm on mobile so if the link doesn't work, just google Walmart tetra 5 gallon kit

Last edited by teeneythebetta; 09-18-2012 at 09:55 PM.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #8 
farmgirl598

I have both the Walmart Glass aquarium kit, AND the Aquarius AQ15005 PanaView Aquarium Kit. I highly recommend both of them! However the Aquarius has 3 different light settings, plus it is lighter weight. I like it alot, and bought another one that arrived yesterday. I plan to put my HalfMoon betta "TieDye" in it this weekend. He is currently in a Fluval Chi, and I feel it is a bit too "tall" for him. My Rosetail Betta Nemo loves his Aquarius tank, and my fantail Betta Phineas really enjoys his extra large kritter keeper. My other veiltail Bettas, Angus and Dazzle, are int he glass WaLmart 5 gallon setups, and seem happy with them. My chocolate veiltail betta, Nimbus lives in a 3.5 gallon hex tank. He seems OK, but I think I am gonna mover him to a larger tank soon. Either a kritter keeper, or perhaps another Aquarius PanaView Aquarium Kit. I also have a 10 gallon guppy tank that I am getting ready to expand on. Males and females are going to be seperated. Too many fry. I have so many tanks now, I need to plan where I am going to put another prior to purchasing anything more!
farmgirl598 is offline   Reply With Quote