Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #111 
ANHEL123

I texted 2 people Sena and Sakura not sure who will see first. Oldfishlady don't recognize medications that is why i didn't text her but she is also not on line. I kind of got crazy and check every 10 min non of them on line.

I kind of thinking it external parasites, since symptoms more look like it. And i read post before can't find it kind of similar. But fish was white and person could see parasites through the sails. And that fish also had raised scales, but i think not on whole body though. That is why i am thinking that it is external parasites under his scales. With internal he would be probably severely bloated for that long time that he is sick.

So if you bought medications for external parasites i would pre mix recommended dosage. Do not add directly to his container.

Not sure what to do with aquarium salt. Add medications today if you have it and wait for response by tomorrow if you just have to add medications only or use it together with salt. I think he is complicated case and i think he is sick for long time. So i am not sure about if you should use salt with medications.
Usually salt for secondary infection but also salt dehydrate parasites.

Also can you raise the temperature of the water? And how much. Usually when you treat ext parasites raising the temperature help to speed up life cycle of the parasites and they fall faster so you can remove them manually from the tank when you do water changes(100%). So if you can make his temp warmer? It recommended 86* but i spoke to Oldfishlady one time and she told me at least 78-82* is fine for that .

Oh good luck.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #112 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
I texted 2 people Sena and Sakura not sure who will see first. Oldfishlady don't recognize medications that is why i didn't text her but she is also not on line. I kind of got crazy and check every 10 min non of them on line.

I kind of thinking it external parasites, since symptoms more look like it. And i read post before can't find it kind of similar. But fish was white and person could see parasites through the sails. And that fish also had raised scales, but i think not on whole body though. That is why i am thinking that it is external parasites under his scales. With internal he would be probably severely bloated for that long time that he is sick.

So if you bought medications for external parasites i would pre mix recommended dosage. Do not add directly to his container.

Not sure what to do with aquarium salt. Add medications today if you have it and wait for response by tomorrow if you just have to add medications only or use it together with salt. I think he is complicated case and i think he is sick for long time. So i am not sure about if you should use salt with medications.
Usually salt for secondary infection but also salt dehydrate parasites.

Also can you raise the temperature of the water? And how much. Usually when you treat ext parasites raising the temperature help to speed up life cycle of the parasites and they fall faster so you can remove them manually from the tank when you do water changes(100%). So if you can make his temp warmer? It recommended 86* but i spoke to Oldfishlady one time and she told me at least 78-82* is fine for that .

Oh good luck.
Okay. Thank you so much for helping out. You are awesome. I couldn't find anything good for external parasites at this petco by me. I will try another tomorrow. I did get the epsom salt. What meds did you recommend? I saw Parashield by Sentry and Coppersafe by Mardel.

I will move Raz back to his tank tomorrow then? He is relaxing right now. Still gives me that sweet look when I peek in on him. So I know he is trying hard to stay with us. Should I continue with the AQ salt until I get the medicine? I will start heating the tank right now. Thanks again for all your help! I would of been lost.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #113 
sunlight

i hope your fish will get better :(
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #114 
ANHEL123

it just came to my mind that i read don't remember who wrote it , when you using extra stress coat fish reproduce extra slime coat which also help parasites to fall. So keep him in aq salt for now if you can increase temp. And i think we will get help tomorrow. I know Sakura and Sena checking forum regularly.
It good that you have stress coat i want to know if it good idea to add extra so he reproduce extra slime.

Meditations for external parasites don't know i have writing down at work what kind. But i know API is good brand.
That is also why i text Sakura and Sena they know about medications.

So for now keep him in aq salt , raise the temp, keep him in dark because if it indeed external parasites it like the lite and will continue to reproduce.

I keep thinking what was that white on his tail. Is it was fuzzy? Didn't look like parasites but disappeared with water change? Did you see it again on any part of his body?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #115 
Sena Hansler

I have used Jungle Fizz Tabs for parasites, works for internal and external. I have used it for both. You could try using that, which then treat your entire tank (one tab is for 10 gallons). I would work on internal rather than external. Internal is definitely more harmful. Have you seen any poo? Or random stringy thin transparent strands?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #116 
ANHEL123

Sena do you remember i show you thread a while ago white betta with black parasites under the scales? And his scales were raised ? That what gave me idea more external since he is not bloated at all. And he is sick i think for like 3 weeks. I would think if it internal he would be severely bloated and lethargic long time ago.
and there is a picture above Raz having something white on his fins did you see it is it looks like parasite? It disappeared i think with water change. Page 7

What do you think about using more stress coat ? I read that fish reproduce more slime and help parasite to fall?
Yes and i am wondering about poo too.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #117 
Sena Hansler

If it disappeared with a water change the white was merely slime coat excess, which is his body's defense. The Jungle Fizz Tabs would work for external as well, but so would a maracyn and maracyn 2 combo
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #118 
ANHEL123

so how about aq salt? Should stopped it when medications added?
And i would continue to add stress coat .
Old 09-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #119 
RedRaz

Hey Sena. Am I gonna still do the epsom salt treatment? Right now he is in his cup with AQ salt. His tank is set up with epsom salt and heater. Or do you think I should get the meds and just do that?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #120 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
i hope your fish will get better :(
Thank you! I hope so too.