Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #121 
ANHEL123

No hold on epsom. Darting/rubbing with raised scales usually means something like skin flukes.
Keep him in aq salt until you buy those medications that Sena wrote.
Use extra Stress Coat even with the meds. Anything to help them with the slime coat which is a fish's only protection against disease. When you use extra stress coat fish will produce extra slime and help to fight parasites

So until you buy those meds keep him in aq salt , raised temp,dark, daily water changes with 2tsp of aq salt
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #122 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
No hold on epsom. Darting/rubbing with raised scales usually means something like skin flukes.
Keep him in aq salt until you buy those medications that Sena wrote.
Use extra Stress Coat even with the meds. Anything to help them with the slime coat which is a fish's only protection against disease. When you use extra stress coat fish will produce extra slime and help to fight parasites

So until you buy those meds keep him in aq salt , raised temp,dark, daily water changes with 2tsp of aq salt
Okay I have to dump out his tank water then because it was set up with epsom salt. I will set it up with AQ salt instead. Tomorrow I will add him into his tank. I will use the stress coat for sure. Tomorrow I will look for those meds. Thanks.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #123 
ANHEL123

good luck give us update tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #124 
RedRaz

Update on Raz: He made it through the night. His tank is ready for him so I'm right now just acclimating him to his new water. Still looks pale but is responsive and swims around. The meds that I need are on amazon so I will have to order then today and do fast shipping. The pet store don't have these types of meds. I'm ordering a few different types of meds just in case. I should of gotten a betta med kit with all these meds when I bought him. I feel so bad about this. Being prepared for everything is so important with betta care. As a betta keeper I am so very sorry I didn't realize this sooner. Well I just wanted to give you all an update. I'm still hoping for the best.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #125 
ANHEL123

don't feel bad we all learning and we all was in the same situation.

I was wondering if you ever saw his poo? The reason why it important because a lot of the time if male has white, clear color, stringy , wormy shape poo it can mean internal parasites. And he would be bloated also from that. I know he is not bloated But still just want to make sure he doesn't have it.

And i would still try to feed him if he is responsive. Just make sure to remove uneaten food.
Do you have shrimp? My bettas like cooked shrimp. You can try that just in case he might want it. Just little piece (pellet size). It sink to the bottom though very fast if he don't eat it. So you can try it while he is in the small container so you can remove it.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #126 
RedRaz

Pic of Raz swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
don't feel bad we all learning and we all was in the same situation.

I was wondering if you ever saw his poo? The reason why it important because a lot of the time if male has white, clear color, stringy , wormy shape poo it can mean internal parasites. And he would be bloated also from that. I know he is not bloated But still just want to make sure he doesn't have it.

And i would still try to feed him if he is responsive. Just make sure to remove uneaten food.
Do you have shrimp? My bettas like cooked shrimp. You can try that just in case he might want it. Just little piece (pellet size). It sink to the bottom though very fast if he don't eat it. So you can try it while he is in the small container so you can remove it.
I def saw poop in his regular tank. Small brownish looking. In his hospital tank I thought I saw some stringy thing now that I remember but I wasn't sure that was his poop. In his cup I didn't see any poop. Now that he is back in his tank I will check for stringy poop definitely now. He's isn't bloated just pale and clamped fins. His scales are not as bad today as yesterday. I tried to get a picture of him. Not feeling up to getting his pic taken today.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #127 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

So happy to see you getting so much help with Raz and your doing a fine job caring for him so please dont feel bad you have had to learn so much and so fast to help him and sending many best wishes for you and Raz and now for the new little one !!!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #128 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
So happy to see you getting so much help with Raz and your doing a fine job caring for him so please dont feel bad you have had to learn so much and so fast to help him and sending many best wishes for you and Raz and now for the new little one !!!!
Yes everyone has been such an amazing help. Thank you*hugs*! It just seemed like I never had time to think about things like this since I was so focused on him eating then no signs of disease made it difficult for me to treat. Now I have a better plan. Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that. Also thank you for the blessings.

Yes Raz has new bro or sis! Hubs brought home a baby betta. So I'm learning a lot of new things these few weeks.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #129 
ANHEL123

Small brownish looking -normal. Now since you don't have gravel it will be easier for you to see so watch for poo. And like you wrote that you going to buy a few different med's so buy the one that i wrote to you in my private message (Sakura recommendations) and the one that Sena said in your post that will treat internal and external.

Did you put 2tsp today? If it what we think flukes (ext parasites 2 tsp is better)
Did you see him darting and trying to rub his body?
And remember to dry out everything like i wrote for you that if he has those flukes they will die. I see you have silk plants in his tank make sure you rinse those in hot water and dry it out.
Oh good luck i wish your lucky guy will get better with your great help. I wish he will eat so he can fight the disease and make his immune system stronger.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 09-29-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #130 
Sena Hansler

Since I have never dealt with flukes, I do have a question - can a fluke be a black "strand" (short strand" on a gill or faceplate? Just curious because of my own boy :)

As for Razz he is looking better which is good. Recovery and fighting off parasites is always hard, but Bettas are fighters
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote