Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #151 
RedRaz

Sakura8 Thanks! Yeah he has gotten better. I will make sure I keep him on this treatment for at least 4 more days. Every day I will keep everyone updated. ;)

ANHEL123 I have tried every way to give pellets to Raz. I have soaked it, soaked it in garlic juice, crushed it, soaked in brine shrimp juice and he wont touch them. I even bought 5 different types of pellets and nothing. I offer a pellet to him whenever I can and I always end up scooping it out. IDK why he just don't like pellets. Picky betta indeed. When he saw the brine shrimp he went bonkers, lol! I never seen him like that before. :D I'm happy he liked them and that he ate something. I will continue to give him pellets but what if he simply won't eat them? Then what? Could he just eat brine shrimp or blood worms? That is if he will eat blood worms. I'm not sure. Maybe I will try today.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #152 
RedRaz

Raz Update picture :)

His color is looking much better. More photogenic today. ;) His scales look good and fins are open not clamped.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #153 
lelei

Whoohoo Yayy Razz, I am soo glad to hear he is doing better:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #154 
ANHEL123

just love to read your update :) Keep him on salt don't stop until you give us update. I think it will be his 3rd day on salt?
About food i think he needs time probably . I think when he will be back to normal and when we sure we got rid of all parasites hopefully he will adjusted and eventually start eating.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #155 
RedRaz

Update on Raz: He is not swimming as much today. Doesn't have clamped fins but I did notice that the ends of his fins look whiter. His eyes are clear though and he is responsive. He is spending a lot of time at the bottom of the tank. I may be freaking out because my baby betta just died today but still this is a change in his activity which worries me. I must let you know that I accidently gave him a Brine shrimp yesterday that was from the baby bettas water. What I mean is that water that I used to defrost the Brine shrimp was a little from the babies water. I know I am so stupid! I wasn't thinking and has been such a stressful week for me. *sigh* I hope he doesn't catch what she had. Please don't scream at me I have been through enough this week and have been crying all day because I lost my baby Shelby and now I'm sick with worry for my Raz. I don't think anyone can be as hard on me as I already am on myself.

I did a 100% water change today *preconditioned with 2 teaspoons of AQ salt*. Temperature is at 78 degrees. He was not interested in food today.

The baby had signs of fuzz and cloudy eyes. :( Even though I tried to save her she did not make it. I cannot lose my Raz too. If you have any advice please let me know.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #156 
Sakura8

When you say the ends of his fins are whiter, can you describe it a little more? Does it look at all like new growth? New fin growth is clearish/whiteish.

Most likely, he won't be affected by the water from Shelby's tank. My guess is Shelby's young age and the conditions that Petco baby bettas are typically kept in played a major part in her premature death. I can promise that you did everything you could to save Shelby and she was very fortunate to have you as her owner for her short life. I can also promise that you are taking excellent care of Raz, absolutely excellent care. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #157 
lelei

Yea, sweetie, don't be hard on yourself, you are doing a wonderful job, Razz is lucky to have such a caring owner, and there could be fin growth if the fins are transparent, did he have ripped fins as well?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #158 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
When you say the ends of his fins are whiter, can you describe it a little more? Does it look at all like new growth? New fin growth is clearish/whiteish.

Most likely, he won't be affected by the water from Shelby's tank. My guess is Shelby's young age and the conditions that Petco baby bettas are typically kept in played a major part in her premature death. I can promise that you did everything you could to save Shelby and she was very fortunate to have you as her owner for her short life. I can also promise that you are taking excellent care of Raz, absolutely excellent care. :)
Looks clearish white. I took some pictures for you to take a look. I will have to see what new growth looks like. His fins look kinda ragged so perhaps it is.

My confidence is way down right now with everything that has happened so you saying that means a lot to me. I try so very hard to care for my bettas and geckos. Just hard when things go wrong. Thank you Sakura.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #159 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Yea, sweetie, don't be hard on yourself, you are doing a wonderful job, Razz is lucky to have such a caring owner, and there could be fin growth if the fins are transparent, did he have ripped fins as well?
Thank you lelei! Yeah his fins were looking a bit tattered. Could be fin growth then. What are your thoughts from the pic I posted?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #160 
Sakura8

That looks like new growth to me. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote