Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #161 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
That looks like new growth to me. :)
Yay! Oh that is good news. I hope hope hope he starts getting healthy. I don't think he ever was since I bought him. My poor little guy.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #162 
Sakura8

He's a well-loved guy. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #163 
ANHEL123

You really doing wonderful job for him :)
78* is good temperature for betta but since you treating him with parasites we need to increase the temperature. Are you able to increase the water temperature to 84-86*? Heat makes to speed parasites life cycle and fall them faster.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #164 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
You really doing wonderful job for him :)
78* is good temperature for betta but since you treating him with parasites we need to increase the temperature. Are you able to increase the water temperature to 84-86*? Heat makes to speed parasites life cycle and fall them faster.
I am having issues with my heaters. The first heater that I bought was not adjustable and was suppose to maintain a 78 degree temp but never did. I returned that one. The second one I bought was also not adjustable but made the water way too hot and I would have to keep on unplugging it to control the temp so that didn't work because I'm not always home. This heater I have now is adjustable BUT it's really meant for a 5-20 gal tank. So it heats a 1 gal too fast. I'm still trying to figure out a steady controlled setting to adjust it to that is in 84-86 temp with out causing him a lot stress. Has been difficult so far. I'm gradually making my way to that temp. It's 79 degrees right now.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #165 
RedRaz

Update on Raz: This morning I found him laying at the bottom breathing rapidly and extremely pale. I quickly put him in a cup so he could get air better. He doesn't look good at all. Should I change his water and up the AQ salt to 3 teaspoons. Should I put those tablets I bought in (All-in-one treatment)? I'm just so sad. My poor guy is deteriorating fast. :(
Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #166 
RedRaz

Well is too weak and can barely swim. I heated some new water with AQ salt and am floating him in his cup in his tank so the water stays warm for him. I'm gonna go and be with him until he passes. :(
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #167 
ANHEL123

Oh no sorry don't know what is the right decision i would put medications . Don't increase salt though.
Put medications slowly dissolve it in the cup first.
And wait for Sakura to help. I was thinking should you keep him in the salt and medications together?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #168 
ANHEL123

so sorry i would still put medications. I don't know what happened he was doing better.... Sorry.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #169 
Oldfishlady

I hesitate to post because I don't want to make you feel any worse than you already do......You are trying so hard and doing great, however, you don't want to over treat-sometimes less is best....I would back off any 100% water changes-and if you have tannins add a lot of them to his small QT container-He needs a low stress area-limited water changes, lots of tannins, salt 2-3tsp/gal, dim lit quiet location, water temp in the 76-77F range-no higher than 79F.....

Good luck and don't give up or be so hard on yourself...You are doing a great job and that is all we can do.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #170 
RedRaz

Oldfishlady I made the adjustments. His temp is at 77 degrees and will stop the 100% water changes so not to stress him out. I am still waiting for IAL that I ordered. So right now I don't have any put in his tank. :( He is in my quiet room with the lights off. Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it.

Sorry I did not update sooner but I had to go to class and take my exam. I barely studied because I've so worried about my Raz and Shelby. When I got home he got happy and tried to swim by the egde of the cup. Poor thing wore himself out just to say hi. It hurts seeing him like this. :(

Update on Raz: He is a fighter for sure but poor things is very very weak. Fins are clamping and he barely swims. Also when he tries body is somewhat in a bent position. One of his eyes are cloudy. *sigh* I'm really hoping he pulls through but he is very sick. I'm just trying to make him as comfortable as possible. Please pray for him. My poor sweet little Raz.