Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #71 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
If it is fungus lower the water temperature to 76. Higher temperatures encourage fungus to grow and I think you said his water is at 79... Try to clean the tank every day, at least siphoning the bottom without ever removing him.

Did you dissolve the salt first?
Okay I turned off the heater because it is not adjustable to keep the temp a bit lower. I'm gonna be home all day so I will watch the thermometer to make sure the temp stays good. Room temp is pretty good. Yes I watched a youtube video on how to add AQ salt to tanks. So I dissolved the salt first then added it to the tank. His color is much better he is just mopey right now.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #72 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
You caught is very soon and are doing the best you can and we are in there with you and counting on Raz to pull though okay...and he is a tough little dude !!!!
Thank you! I appreciate that. He is tough but I just hate seeing him like this. Breaks my heart. His color does look better. Just not very active right now.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #73 
ANHEL123

I would do 1tsp/gall for a day and then you might need to increase it to 2tsp/gall. Aquarium salt can be up to 3tsp/gall.
Make sure you dissolve salt first in one gall and shake it well. Don't add it directly to his container. Make sure you acclimate him to new water...
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #74 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
I would do 1tsp/gall for a day and then you might need to increase it to 2tsp/gall. Aquarium salt can be up to 3tsp/gall.
Make sure you dissolve salt first in one gall and shake it well. Don't add it directly to his container. Make sure you acclimate him to new water...
How would I know to increase the salt dosage? Yep I dissolved it in a separate container first then added it to his tank. Yeah I always make sure I acclimate him to his new water. My Raz just doesn't like 100% water changes. They stress him out.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #75 
ANHEL123

give us update how he doing and will see if you need to increase the dosage. How you acclimate him. Is the new temperature inappropriately the same as his? Try to add a little bit of new water in his changing, cup let him get used to it for about 5 min,and do it 2-3 times. This way he will not ever fell the difference,
Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #76 
RedRaz

Quote:
give us update how he doing and will see if you need to increase the dosage. How you acclimate him. Is the new temperature inappropriately the same as his? Try to add a little bit of new water in his changing, cup let him get used to it for about 5 min,and do it 2-3 times. This way he will not ever fell the difference,
Okay I will def keep everyone updated. Yes that is what I do to acclimate him. I put some of the water from the tank into his cup wait 15 mins. Then do a little bit more. Wait another 15 mins. The temp is pretty much the same temp. I think what stresses him is being taken out of his tank. I am very gentle when I take him out and put him back. I guess my little guy is just more sensitive.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #77 
RedRaz

Update: Raz is staying at the bottom of the tank and is barely moving.

I tested the water. Temp is at 76.
pH is at 7.6
Ammonia is at 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

Should I put him in his cup? In case he his having issues getting to the surface? Lower the water in his tank?
Old 09-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #78 
RedRaz

He looks like he is getting worse. :(
Old 09-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #79 
ANHEL123

which one is easier for you but i would think cup may be better :(
Old 09-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #80 
RedRaz

Quote:
which one is easier for you but i would think cup may be better :(
I think a cup would be best too. *sigh* I don't know what else to do for him.