Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #11 
tanseattle

They are very hot. When did you get them? I have plenty of heavy MW cultures that you may have too. My fries are now eat bbs and decap.

Tan
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #12 
CandiceMM

Hey Tan, that female is the same female I got when we both ordered from Mn Betta Shop. The male is also from Mn Betta Shop and I got him the last shipment. I got a better video of them both and she dropped a ton of eggs. I think she is a happy girl!

Click Picture To See Video
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #13 
vilmarisv

Is this the setup you have for conditioning?
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #14 
CandiceMM

Yes I have them in the breeding tank apart from each other that way they can still be heater, I will be putting more live plants this weekend for the infusoria. Do you recommend something different?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #15 
vilmarisv

Haha! It was getting confusing!

If your reason to place them in the tank is so they can share a heater, get a shallow plastic tub and fill it with a few inches of water, enough to cover the heater and place the beanies there.
It's not good for them to claim territory in the spawn tank because it may lead to aggression.

Yes, wait until the day you are ready to place them in the spawn tank to set it up. It will keep the water clean. Do place plants that day so infusoria starts to produce.

Once you have the tank set up, place the male in and the female in the beanie inside the tank. At this point you need to observe and be very patient. Wait until they demonstrate signs of readiness.
In a day or two you want to release the male, some people just plop them together but I'm always to afraid my HMs will hurt eachother fins (they are so pretty) so I wait until I'm ure they are ready.
After you release the female it can take days for them to spawn or it they could start in a matter of minutes.. every pair/spawn is different.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #16 
CandiceMM

Okay good to know!! I will put them in a big plastic bin I have with the heater like you said. I will also take out the plants now and put in fresh water. My last spawn was pretty brutal but it was a pair of traditional fighter plakats so the male was really aggressive with the female. It took them 2 days before they were both ready. I am going to be doing it just like you said and place the female in the tank in her beanie while the male checks her out. Thanks for all of your help you are a doll :)
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #17 
vilmarisv

You're welcome!
When you place your plants in, also keep the tank light on during the day because it will make the infusoria grow nicely. By the time your fry are free swimming you will be able to see a million critters in the water which your fry will find very yummy
Old 09-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #18 
CandiceMM

Okay check!!! I am also keeping a glass jar with plants by my window and it's already getting nice and green :) Thanks again your a complete sweetie!
Old 09-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #19 
CandiceMM

So it's day 4 conditioning. I have been feeding Atisons Pro and live blood worms. My pair seem very active and healthy. I can't wait until the 3rd!!! I am so excited!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #20 
tanseattle

where did you get live BW? I feed my pairs with frozen BW.
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote