Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2012, 04:00 AM   #71 
twolovers101

I'm not sure if getting EASILY addicted to something counts as a hobby... but it is a bit embarrassing when I jump off the deep end....

Like buying over $100 worth of Magic the Gathering cards..... (3 month time span is about how long THAT one lasted...) others have been obsessively playing WoW on a free client, playing LoL constantly.... Now it's betta keeping....

Why I can't just pick something and stick with it I have no clue... one day I start something and the next I stop, cold turkey, out of the blue DX
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #72 
TheCrabbyTabby

Oh. Yeah, my ex put a ton of money into his LoL account.

I am thinking about sinking another 60 bucks into my Wiz101 account. I don't want to even think about how much money went into it already this year!!
TheCrabbyTabby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #73 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
I'm not sure if getting EASILY addicted to something counts as a hobby... but it is a bit embarrassing when I jump off the deep end....

Like buying over $100 worth of Magic the Gathering cards..... (3 month time span is about how long THAT one lasted...) others have been obsessively playing WoW on a free client, playing LoL constantly.... Now it's betta keeping....

Why I can't just pick something and stick with it I have no clue... one day I start something and the next I stop, cold turkey, out of the blue DX
i can totally understand that feeling. i have a butt load of tv shows and movies i want to watch. not to mantion the 7 books i have yet to read. theres also my Gundam model collection. 1 complete 1/100 (complete repaint) kit thats very slow due to extreme procrastination. i have 4 other kits yet to open up and a traditional (glue type) 1/72 SU47 Berkut model kit to start hopefully in 70yrs when i can finally clear the gundam backlog without purchasing additional kits. i do plan to get one more kit whenever it does come out but i got my hands full of several things that i switch in between often enough.

i do have a pretty good idea why many people these days cant focus on one task as much as they desire: techonlogy. were too used to being distracted with shiny new things and an information overload that multi-tasking is impaired to the point where you cant always complete the majority of the tasks without serious concentration..

Last edited by nel3; 09-25-2012 at 08:18 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #74 
gn3ranger

haha I can understand how you spent over $100 on magic the gathering If im not mistaken the cards from each previous year gets banned then you have to use cards from the new set. Idk i don't play magic but people at my locals do so i kinda pic up on whats going on. I just spent like $240 on my Dino-Rabbit deck for competitive Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments Since it's still a top tier deck. Glad to see i'm not the only one who spends alot on cardboard :)
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #75 
Kitty Whiskers

I collect dolls like Apple Valley dolls and Lee Middleton dolls. I'm considering even adding a "Reborn" type doll to my collection because they look so real and don't even look like dolls, more like real human babies! I even collect some stuffed animals too hee hee
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #76 
nel3

im still very much attached to any stuffed animals ive had when i was young. i know theres atleast 3 at may parents place that they havent gotten rid of. i do keep 2 stuffed animals, 1 tiny 3-4 inch tall bunny and a 1.5ft ish tall teddy bear (1st one i ever had).
Old 09-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #77 
Leeniex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Whiskers View Post
I collect dolls like Apple Valley dolls and Lee Middleton dolls. I'm considering even adding a "Reborn" type doll to my collection because they look so real and don't even look like dolls, more like real human babies! I even collect some stuffed animals too hee hee
I used to reborn back when they first became popular, and then I sculpted. Outgrew dolls but I kept some of my Middletons because they are so adorable.

Now I have a yarn addiction.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #78 
twolovers101

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i can totally understand that feeling. i have a butt load of tv shows and movies i want to watch. not to mantion the 7 books i have yet to read. theres also my Gundam model collection. 1 complete 1/100 (complete repaint) kit thats very slow due to extreme procrastination. i have 4 other kits yet to open up and a traditional (glue type) 1/72 SU47 Berkut model kit to start hopefully in 70yrs when i can finally clear the gundam backlog without purchasing additional kits. i do plan to get one more kit whenever it does come out but i got my hands full of several things that i switch in between often enough.

i do have a pretty good idea why many people these days cant focus on one task as much as they desire: techonlogy. were too used to being distracted with shiny new things and an information overload that multi-tasking is impaired to the point where you cant always complete the majority of the tasks without serious concentration..
Yeah... that may be part of it lol
My issue is I want to do too much with my life, so I do one thing for a few months, do another thing for a few, and just kind of cycle through activities... I need some way to clone myself so I can do anything I want to... xD
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #79 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
Yeah... that may be part of it lol
My issue is I want to do too much with my life, so I do one thing for a few months, do another thing for a few, and just kind of cycle through activities... I need some way to clone myself so I can do anything I want to... xD
a clone sonds like an excellent idea. i have a knack for buying tea and barely taking the time to use it. i still drink tea occasionally though i have around 210 bags of various tea and something like 660g of loose leaf tea. any that i do drink it gets set back by me buying some more though ive been pretty well behaved as far as buying more lately. i probably have a year and a half worth of tea to say the least.

there's been a recent news post that says most ppl that impulse buy do regret it soon after and im feeling that a bit too often. the euphoria doesnt last too long.

Last edited by nel3; 09-26-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #80 
Jupiter

All of my hobbies would be considered embarrassing by societal standards, I guess.

But considering I'm not into murder or torture or something crazy like that, I'm not embarrassed of what I do regardless of my age.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote