Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #1 
Cody

Re: 1st time(since 10 years ago) betta owner, ..doesn't seem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow fish 7
When I owned a betta last, I was a teen, and all I ever did was feed it and change its water. Pretty much the same I do now, but I've put it in something bigger than a cup, and purchased a book about them when I was noticeing weird stuff in the water a couple months ago. While the weird stuff it gone, All I ever see it doing it nestling itself in it's plant, and laying practically motionless most of the time, barely even sparking interest in food. I've heard they like warm water, and it is winter, so I thought well maybe that's why. Maybe you all could offer me some other insight though.
Could you tell us how many gallons the betta is in?
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #2 
rainbow fish 7

1st time(since 10 years ago) betta owner, ..doesn't seem ri

When I owned a betta last, I was a teen, and all I ever did was feed it and change its water. Pretty much the same I do now, but I've put it in something bigger than a cup, and purchased a book about them when I was noticeing weird stuff in the water a couple months ago. While the weird stuff it gone, All I ever see it doing it nestling itself in it's plant, and laying practically motionless most of the time, barely even sparking interest in food. I've heard they like warm water, and it is winter, so I thought well maybe that's why. Maybe you all could offer me some other insight though.
rainbow fish 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #3 
Blaxicanlatino

I would say that you keep the the betta in a fish tank that is at least 1Gallon. 1/2 a gallon unless your up for the task of cleaning is water alot.

the temp should be between 75-80 degrees F.

be careful because cold temps weakens the bettas immune system and makes him prone to diseases
Blaxicanlatino is offline   Reply With Quote