Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #1 
labloverl

I don't know what to title this!

These are just general fish health/appearance questions. I wasn't sure where to really put this, or what to call since I have questions on two different fish.

First, this is Sawyer. I'm treating him for internal parasites in a 1 gallon tank. Only silk plants in it, and I've noticed that his bottom fins are kinda shredded/holey on the ends. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't from ammonia or something.

Sorry it is big, but it's hard to see the fins in a smaller sized pic.

And this is my new one. I was looking at pics I took of him when I noticed that one made it look like he had some sort of growth behind his pectoral fin.

But when I went to look at him, I couldn't really see anything unusual. He's my first multicolored one, so I wasn't sure if it's just the way his body colors are. Does it look like anything? Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej0QhUVDl1g
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #2 
labloverl

Anyone?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #3 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I wish I could help but I really dont know and your new CT oh wow his colors are so awesome I love him and his little pink lips !!!! Maybe that is part of his tummy I would just keep and eye on it and make sure it doesnt get any bigger.

Is Sawyer a tail biter ?
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #4 
labloverl

Thanks!

Sawyer once either had a bad accident with the filter, or he ate his tail to the point that it was less than 1/4 inch from his body. It has being growing back nicely since then and he hasn't shown any signs of biting, so maybe it was just the filter. (I've fixed that problem)

The fins I'm worried about now is that big one that hangs underneath him. At the ends, there are slits in it and small holes.