Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #11 
scurrie11

Maybe I'll do that to petsmart >:D
scurrie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #12 
LadyVictorian

I wanted to do that at petco today and take home that marble but I didn't have a tank setup for it. Otherwise it would have come home with me.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:19 AM   #13 
shi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I have my ways. Honestly if a fish is near death and I am a costumer and you risk losing my buisness who is in the right? I as the customer am always right and if I don't get my way you could lose me forever and my friends if I tell them. Plus you really make profits on tanks so I could go on a speil about buying a big tank for it too and then just not get the tank and grab like a few things for the fish and go. xD
Unfortunately, that customer statement could go both ways if you say it like that o-o Remember the ignorant customers who only buy 1 gal tanks for their fish? Or, more like the stubborn ignorant customers?
shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #14 
LadyVictorian

I wasn't talking about customers logically being correct. I mean working at best buy they were mostly incorrect but as a salesperson if a customer says something and won't listen to you then you fold and say they are correct or you just lose their buisness all together. I can't tell you how many times I could have saved money if they only listened to me but you never argue with customers because in the buisness world they are always right. Why? Because they keep you in buisness.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #15 
MsGita

I think the best thing you can do for the sick fish you see in a store is buy a healthy one. If people continue to buy sick/neglected fish, what motivation does the store have to change the condtions? If I go to a store and all their fish look neglected, I don't buy anything from them (not even supplies/food). The stores that take better care of their fish/animals are the stores I give my business to. It makes it really easy for me.
MsGita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #16 
LadyVictorian

Well the point in rescuing a fish is to not actually pay for it.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #17 
shi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I wasn't talking about customers logically being correct. I mean working at best buy they were mostly incorrect but as a salesperson if a customer says something and won't listen to you then you fold and say they are correct or you just lose their buisness all together. I can't tell you how many times I could have saved money if they only listened to me but you never argue with customers because in the buisness world they are always right. Why? Because they keep you in buisness.
Oh, I'm more of a manipulative type person (haven't tested how good I'm at it with Petsmart/Petco yet). I observe what type of person they are, and whether they just want to grab something and go (in which case, I will fold and just wish them a nice day) or if they really need help (at which point, I convince them to buy more). Indecisive people are the best (:

Do you think getting a membership card with the store would help convince them to give you the sick betta? o-o
shi is offline   Reply With Quote