Betta Fish Forum banner

My new Halfmoon Male-Brutus

2K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  bettaluvr 
#1 · (Edited)
I went to the local Petco yesterday to get some bloodworms..and no I was absolutely not planning on coming home with another Betta! I passed the rack as it was on the way toward the freezer and I stopped just for a second just to see how they were being taken care of and there he was...this beautiful Silver/Orange Red Halfmoon just staring at me and I could almost hear him saying...HELP..GET ME OUT OF THIS CUP! :)

I picked him up and put him down twice..telling myself..YOU HAVE NO ROOM(I have 9 males throughout the house)and even walked away..somehow after I got my bloodworms on the way out I stopped again and there he was staring again soo..I couldn't help it and got him!

#5 ·
Awwwww he is soooo purdy!!!! I love his caudal fin!

#8 ·
He's on top of my computer desk right now in a 2 gallon Hexagon shape "Betta House" I ordered a different style for him and should have it on Monday as I moved it's previous occupant into a 1 gallon temporarily as he's smaller than Mr. Brutus here.

#9 ·
Lovely!

#20 ·
I got my Balthazar the same way--sometimes they just know which of us are suckers. XD And isn't he a looker! I haven't seen an orange copper before and he's just gorgeous.

#28 ·
Wow! What a great find. Not sure I could have resisted either. Haha! I already have 3 (all the tanks are in my room) and my sis has 2 and when I go to the LPS it takes everything I have in me not to leave with a betta.

I just have 1 question. Is saw those tanks at the LPS and thought they were really cool looking and a good size but I'm wondering what you use to heat them? How do you fit a heater in there? Are the water changes harder since the oepening on top is smaller?

#30 ·
I just have 1 question. Is saw those tanks at the LPS and thought they were really cool looking and a good size but I'm wondering what you use to heat them? How do you fit a heater in there? Are the water changes harder since the oepening on top is smaller?
Well I'm in Florida it's still almost 90 out but if it gets too cold maybe from dec-feb ill use one of zoomed's mini heaters that work great
http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/E...yOiIyNCI7czo4OiJTZWFyY2hfeSI7czoyOiIyMCI7fQ==

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.