Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #21 
ZackyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlelia View Post
I imagine this girl a giant "YOLO" fan that has 40 pictures of herself posing the duckface in a bathroom mirror on her facebook. Ugh. Oh god, there's even Snooki crap on her page. This is the part of tumblr I avoid.
"lololol omg i am suuuch a rebel!!!11! teehee betta fish in vodka bottles i am soooo creative!!!11"
Agreed.

Hopefully this doesn't get out to be a trend, otherwise I might have to start getting more tanks to start a betta rescue in Grand Priarie o.o;
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #22 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shi View Post
Whoa, don't need to get hostile on me, I never said I condoned this type of betta raising :\
I'm only stating:
  • the bottle can hold up to a gallon
  • people have raised fish in a one gallon container

@Jully: Vodka never come in plastic bottles.

Once again, I never said I condoned this, these are just facts so people don't attack this for the wrong reasons. So far, the heater/space/water changing/shelter are legit reasons to not hold fish in vodka bottles.

It's unfair to attack and make baseless assumptions when the perpetrator can't even defend themselves. Even if they were here, being hostile wouldn't teach them anything either.
Hostile? I wasn't being hostile even in the slightest. I was stating despite it holding a gallon why it was a rubbish tank. Not everyone who comes on here knows about betta. I would hate for those people to see this thread and say "Well someone said it holds a gallon so it's okay to keep my fish in." Trust be there are people who would do that I simply gave reasons as to why it's not a suitable home for a fish.

Also some vodka does come in plastic bottles. I had some, I think it was UV, not sure. I'm not a heavy drinker so if I have alcohol it sits around until I throw it out or have a party and make someone else drink it. xD
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #23 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by shi View Post
Oh my goodness, I wish my vegan friend would figure this out. She claims she loves animals, and wants to buy them all to rescue them, but she doesn't even take care of the dog she got from the shelter...It lives in her garage in her condo, is obese, and doesn't exercise.
Or my other friend who wanted a dog because all her friends had one...someone's dog had puppies, so she took one, and it lives in a 5 1/2' x 7' room...no exercise, not allowed to play in the yard, gets human food (because he "likes" eating it, stuff like grapes, bananas, oranges etc.)...poor dogs.

Oh, that is the worst, when someone thinks by taking an amimal, to (save it) and it gets treated worse than before, If that is the case, the MSPCA should be contacted, and get those dogs out of there, and into a proper home, and I know some people think they are doing the animal a favor by taking from a shelter, but it's apparently not working out. Very Sad
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #24 
lelei

Question

Quote:
I imagine this girl a giant "YOLO" fan that has 40 pictures of herself posing the duckface in a bathroom mirror on her facebook. Ugh. Oh god, there's even Snooki crap on her page. This is the part of tumblr I avoid.
"lololol omg i am suuuch a rebel!!!11! teehee betta fish in vodka bottles i am soooo creative!!!11"

I have seen that YOLO before, what is that, or does that mean?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #25 
otter

The girl in the second one like seriously freaked out about it. If you look at her blog, you will see this thing that says blank you betta and then look at all the things people replied. its great!
Im glad so many people care about the betta

Last edited by Oldfishlady; 09-28-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: foul language
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #26 
Luimeril

some people just hate to be told they're doing something very wrong, no matter how nice you put it. someone on tumblr once was asking what kind of fish they could put in a 3 gallon, said something about wanting to get goldfish or guppies. i told them neither could live in a 3 gallon, and only a betta could, really. they bit my head off, and said they didn't like bettas because they're boring.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #27 
lelei

It is sooo sad that people think it's ok to treat a living creature this way..I am sure they would not like it if they were stuffed in a cramped closet and people would watch them and say how cute it is..
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #28 
ktlelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
I have seen that YOLO before, what is that, or does that mean?
YOLO is this new phrase many teens and young adults say/use. It means "You only live once", and it was started by some rapper guy I think. They'll yell, say, or post "YOLO" while doing stupid things to getting a simple haircut to drinking and driving. So pretty much these teens and or young adults do dumb things but think it's ok, because "YOLO!".
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #29 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
i think a nicely shaped bottle (cleaned out VERY well) could make a nice decoration for an actual tank, but does NOT need to be a "tank" itself.

I was planning on getting a ciroc bottle for this reason [decoration] since my bettas name is Ciroc. lol
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #30 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
YOLO is this new phrase many teens and young adults say/use. It means "You only live once", and it was started by some rapper guy I think. They'll yell, say, or post "YOLO" while doing stupid things to getting a simple haircut to drinking and driving. So pretty much these teens and or young adults do dumb things but think it's ok, because "YOLO!".

And I'm not sure how much of this is true but I've heard its a sin too.
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote