Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #61 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
the big difference there is that when breeders put them in small containers, it's almost always very young (read smaller) fish, the water conditions are well tended, and they're not meant as permanent homes. those bettas in their quart jars are there while they grow up enough to be sold (or gifted), and then given a proper tank once they reach their permanent owners. it's like the plants you see at a home depot: yes, those trees and bushes need more root room than the little planter pot they're in, but they're kept in an economy of space until then, because nobody wants to have to devote an acre of store space just to sell a few rose bushes.
i was talking more along the lines of their breeders. they're often kept in the same size jars until they're being spawned. those, sometimes, are there their whole lives.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #62 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Backyard Dog breeders keep there dogs in small cages.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #63 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bettas View Post
Don't care who is attacking who. It flat out is not nice. You have no idea who that person is and calling them ignorant makes you look like an a$$. I'm surprised the thread has not been locked with this nonsense going on. Sure make people want to be here.

And they need to behave too. A public forum is no place for bad mouthing others. Take it private or stay off the computer.
Your being a hypocrite you call me out and call me an a$$ and you attack me I should contact a moderator on you for attackin a member.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #64 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bettas View Post
SIN? Are you kidding? You gonna tell me scriptures apply here. All commandments boil down to two. Love G-d with all you are and love your neighbor as yourself. Most of what I am reading on this post makes all ya'll sinners on the second one. If you can not obey the second you are no where near the first.

I suggest you worry more about the plank in your eye instead of the splinter in theirs.
Umm excuse me?
I wasn't saying it was fact, just what I heard and I also never said I believed it.
Seems like a lot of people are just jumping to assumptions without thinking...
Starting to agreed with whoever said something about locking this post. This whole thread is nonsense.....
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #65 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Uh, what is going on in here? O.o
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #66 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow, this thread blew up pretty darn fast.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #67 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Uh, what is going on in here? O.o
Posted via Mobile Device
I wish I knew -.-
Just seems like people are getting hostile and throwing words around from what I've read but I could be mistaken.
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #68 
dramaqueen
Banned

There is a difference between dogs kept in a small cage and a betta kept in a gallon container. I keep most of mine in gallon and gallon and a half kritter keepers and they are well taken care of. As Basement Bettas stated, keep the water clean and they're fine. She is an IBC breeder and knows what she's talking about.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #69 
otter

yikes guys
:'(
no hate
appreciate
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #70 
homegrown terror

imo jarring betta fry is nowhere near the conditions of some backyard dog breeding operations. i used to live down the street from someone who had a row of chicken coops in his backyard. i didn't think anything of it until i walked by one day and saw a beagle puppy in each compartment. right then and there i called the humane society, and the next day they shut the guy down and took every animal out of those horrible conditions. that's basically the equivalent of keeping betta fry in a shot glass, which to my knowledge no betta breeder has ever attempted.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote