Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #71 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49160 to me it is.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:30 AM   #72 
birdielikestomatoes

I don't understand why people on here are getting so nasty. Yes those people made mistakes, but jumping down their throats and telling them that they're horrible people isn't going to make them want to listen to you.

Educate them kindly! Don't accuse them of being horrible. Let them know just how amazing bettas can truly be if taken care of properly. Let them know how fun it is to decorate a tank. And do this all without accusing them of anything. There is a higher likelihood that they'll change the situation the betta is in if you're kind and caring towards them.

There are a lot of rumors about betta care and those people who follow the advice of large pet stores most likely don't even think that what they're doing is wrong. So yes we should inform those people of their wrongs but without all the hate.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #73 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Good point but the person is terrible they called us the n word and just made fun of us but eben there we are widely supported.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #74 
asukabetta

In a perfect world everyone would do research before buying a pet. Or not be allowed to buy one unless they can provide the basic care for the pet to be happy.

People aren't aware of the responsabilities of a pet most of the time. Or they think they do. The sad thing is that having a pet is seen as having a new toy, at first its all exciting but then they just see it as a chore and just become lazy. Or they just buy it cause it's pretty, cheap and think it hardly needs care

In my opinion there is no such thing as a "easy pet" meaning a pet where you just don't have to do hardly anything and it will just mantain itself.

Every animal needs care, in their own manner, should it be a small fish to a big dog. Not only do they need their basic needs covered but they need attention and love too.

With those two things covered, it makes any pet owner a good one. But it doesn't mean I condone for the betta being in the bottle. It's very inconvinient as in it doesn't look like it's going to be cleaned much, water changes look near impossible to do there and it's much to cramped.

As a temporary home-- it's hardly passes as acceptable either. I'd say she should have put it perhaps not in a 10 gallon tank, but at least 1-2 gallons, which doesn't take much space and is more accesible to clean.

Of course the fish will not complain because it can't. I'm sure if it had a voice it would. The response and excuse of this girl isn't adequate.

All I hope for is that this won't become a trend, that we can somehow try to convince this girl about how betta's should be cared for and we somehow just keep trying to educate future and current betta owners about their care.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #75 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Bettas are easy pets just not as easy as other people think.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #76 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
yes thats is what I tried to say XD but your phrasing is better than mine XD
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #77 
sainthogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post

Well said. Bettas are also very rewarding pets. I am very grateful I found this site so that I could learn to care for mine correctly.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #78 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yeah my carter peacefully swims around and
does the hunger dance all the time he also loves to hunt his FFF in a perfect world everyone could see this behavior and carter helps me focus.