Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #1 
Alcemistnv

Sick signs?

As Buddha is beginning to approach his 8th month with me, he's starting to not look so good.

I was thinking it was the tank, but it's in the appropriate tank temp range (78 right now), and it was cleaned two days ago.

He's been in the bowl for these 7 months, and has been on just about the same changing schedule for these 7 months.

He's been clamping up more than usual (not the extreme clamping, but clamping nontheless) and has just developed a decent sized hole in his pectoral fin. His fins have been growing, so I was thinking it was tailbiting, but Buddha has never bit his tail before, so I don't know why he'd start now.

But he's also just been showing lethargic signs, an he'll often just lay in the hornwort for a decent amount of time at once. I once saw him stay there for a good hour. He'll have bouts of movement an he'll look fine, but then he'll just return to his coma like state again :/

He eats all the same, and there's no discoloration or swelling. He doesn't show signs of gasping or heavy breathing. In fact, he breathes less to the point where I think he's dead.

Any help? :/
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #2 
lelei

I remember you having this prob before, and it's happening again, it may be age, altho that is not old, but I was wondering if you switch tanks with SB mabye, isn't he smaller?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #3 
Alcemistnv

I feel like SB wouldn't enjoy the smaller tank since he likes to surf around his all day :/

I was originally going to put Buddha in the 3 gal, but I thought that he'd prefer his bowl.....

But I still think SB is still growing so maybe..? I don't know :/

I can put Pudge in the bowl because of his tail biting. Maybe a new tank will help? OR

I can put Pudge in the bowl, Buddha in the 3 gal and SB in the 5 gal with Squirt?
Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #4 
lelei

Yea, try that, I think changing his tank just for a lil while to see how he does may make a difference..try it, for a couple days, and see how it goes..Squirt is CT too right? I think they need a lot of room
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #5 
Alcemistnv

Yes Squirt is a CT, but I've seen no problems with him since I've gotten him. Out of the 5 gal, he has a bit more room compared to Pudge
Old 09-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #6 
Alcemistnv

I feel like I shouldn't have moved him...
He's in the hospital tank while the others are cupped, and he looks dead. He clamped up extremely and isn't moving. He ate, but didn't move after....

And as I'm posting this, he found Pudge and started flaring...