Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #1 
candyman995

Question Final Preperations

Hey people just looking for a bit of advice again.

Im finally finished with the main tank set up and cycling in atticipation for getting a lovely Crown Tail betta.

Juest wanted a final bit of help with making his tank perfect for his arrival.

Whats a good food for him as well i have blood worm and brine shrimp ready and waiting but need something else to keep him interested in the foods, besides the shrimp that is :).

Whats the best recomendation for plants that betta will be happy to use for an area to sleep and also does anyone have a recomendation for something my shrimps can hide in at all. I have moss balls some other plants and some drift wood in the tank currently for them but wanted something that garenteed atleast a few wouldnt be hunted down and eaten till they have atleast spawned, one is finally carrying her eggs :).

All suggestions welcome im thinking a surface plant that it can make a bubble nest in if its happy enough.

Cheers
candyman995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #2 
maycausedeath

If you don't already have pellets you should pick some up, I've heard good thing about New Life Spectrum and Omega One, which I use.

A Java fern is an easy plant to care for, and if you are willing to float a large anubias my fish will sleep among the roots and stems, otherwise you could anchor it to your driftwood. People here seem to like anarchis, which would be good as you can leave it floating, although it's not to my taste. Shrimp will really enjoy moss, as they will clean it and also hide in it. Java moss is easy to care for. I've also heard they will turn your moss balls to clean them, which should be interesting
maycausedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #3 
candyman995

Ive seen them roling all over the marimo moss balls a few times it quite fun to watch. Are the floating plants easy to contain and care for as i want him to be happy so its what ever they are used to and are happiest around. If he's happy in his home i'll be happy :).

I checked my local aquatics store but they didnt have any pellets that they could recommend for betta's so i didnt know where to look really
candyman995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #4 
maycausedeath

All the plants I listen are easy to care for, low light, low maintenance. Most of the plants you see at petco or petsmart in the clear plastic tubes out of water should be easy to care for as well. If you want a truly floating plant duckweed works, but it's roots are too small for a betta to rest in. It is easy to get however, most people are willing to give it away for the price of shipping. It can really take over, it is called duck"weed."

I thought betta pellets were pretty common, I just bought mine at the local petsmart. If you can't find them though you could try ordering online.
maycausedeath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foods, habitat, plants