Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #1 
ballyhoo
New Member
 
ballyhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Will you please help me pick a better spot for my plants?

I got my plants from live aquaria today, but I can't seem to find the best place to put them, any suggestions?
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #2 
maycausedeath
New Member
 
maycausedeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MA
Is that anubias in the back? If so it would look great tied to the driftwood.

Other than that I can't ID the plants, could you post a list of what you got?
maycausedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #3 
ballyhoo
New Member
 
ballyhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dayton, Ohio
1x dwarf cardinal
1x bunch red ludwigia
1x bunch ludwigia glandulosa
1x Anubias Barteri (wedged in a joint of 2 bits of the driftwood)
1x clump of micro sword
1x amazon sword
assorted bits of a crypt
little bits of chain val
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #4 
starrlamia
Member
 
starrlamia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
i would put the taller plants in the back right corner, some medium plants in left beside the driftwood and keep the shorter plants in the front

put sword in back right corner, cut the red ludwigia to medium size and put on the left, the other ludwigia cut a bit shorter and put in the middle right side in front of the sword, i would put the micro sword on the left in the crutch of the driftwood (where that arm of driftwood comes out to the front) . Keep any small plants in the front. TBH I think you got too many types of plants and too many big plants (the sword will outgrow your tank btw).
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #5 
ballyhoo
New Member
 
ballyhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
i would put the taller plants in the back right corner, some medium plants in left beside the driftwood and keep the shorter plants in the front

put sword in back right corner, cut the red ludwigia to medium size and put on the left, the other ludwigia cut a bit shorter and put in the middle right side in front of the sword, i would put the micro sword on the left in the crutch of the driftwood (where that arm of driftwood comes out to the front) . Keep any small plants in the front. TBH I think you got too many types of plants and too many big plants (the sword will outgrow your tank btw).
Thanks for the suggestions :)
The tank is going to be upgraded soon to a fluval flora, probably next week. Ran out of fish funds this past paycheck >.<
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #6 
maycausedeath
New Member
 
maycausedeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MA
If you think the vals are going to grow enough to fill in the back of the tank I think they would look great behind the driftwood. I would tuck what I'm assuming is the ludwigia behind the lower part of driftwood it's in front of. You might want to move the plants in front back a bit to create some foreground or tie some moss to the top of the driftwood, but other than that I think it looks good. Love the substrate by the way.
maycausedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #7 
starrlamia
Member
 
starrlamia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballyhoo View Post
Thanks for the suggestions :)
The tank is going to be upgraded soon to a fluval flora, probably next week. Ran out of fish funds this past paycheck >.<
It's still a lot of variety for a flora but you can make it work. The sword will outgrow it eventually they can get gigantic. I have a sword in my 20l that I trim the big leaves off to help keep it from taking over.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #8 
ballyhoo
New Member
 
ballyhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
It's still a lot of variety for a flora but you can make it work. The sword will outgrow it eventually they can get gigantic. I have a sword in my 20l that I trim the big leaves off to help keep it from taking over.
I'll either trim or keep upgrading lol
My bf and I are kinda fish nuts we have full set ups in storage ranging from 20-55gals. We do want a large planted tank eventually, but it will be a few years down the road when we get a house.
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~>Two spot characins or two spot tetra i caught a few days ago in a flooded run off<~ bettaboyshiva Other Fish 10 03-14-2012 04:07 PM
had to pick one to keep... Abby Betta Pictures 4 08-16-2011 04:24 PM
Help Me Pick 1fish2fish Betta Chat 13 02-27-2011 08:52 AM
Help me pick! monroe0704 Breeding Betta Fish 12 02-25-2011 07:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.