Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #1 
kevinbacon

Cool New tank getup!

So after a bought of ich brought on by a snail my boyfriend added to my old tank, a slight case of fin rot, and a dorm evacuation that could've done him in (we weren't allowed into the building and the power was off >.<) I decided to give Kevin an upgrade since he's been through so much in the past few days ^-^

I got him the aqueon five gallon tank. He seems to love it in there. I'm still treating him with some meds for the ich, but he's doing so much better. The tank was by no means cheap, but it's a nice setup for him. He's quite the active little fellow, so he really seems to enjoy the extra space.

I also got him a heater to help with the ich and to keep his tank at the right temperature. Slowly working him up to a tropical 77! :)

He's colored up a lot too, since moving in. His tank's really barren right now, cause I'm still keeping a close eye on his poop habits and water quality, but as soon as I get it nice and decorated to my liking I'll be sure to post some pictures.
kevinbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

Thats great! I cant wait to see the pictures!
Is your heater adjustable? 77 is a good temp, but 80ish is a happy medium IMO.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #3 
kevinbacon

Yup, it's adjustable :) I'm just trying to work him up in baby steps so that I don't send him into little fishy shock. We'll make our way up to 80 eventually! lol
Old 09-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #4 
kevinbacon

So, as I stated on my other topic, Kevin passed away so I had to start all over. I tried some of the bottled beneficial bacteria and my tank cycled in literally days :D I got a whole bunch of silk plants and decorations for the tank, made my own betta hammock from one of the silk leaves, and went out and bought myself a new desktop buddy :)

His name is Luke Wilson (and just so you know, I'm naming my fish after actors from the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon game, to honor Kevin. Its a long story >.<) Anyways, he's also a crown tail dragon scale like Kevin was, but he's so tiny!!!! I think he might be a baby, but he seems to be in good health. I have to crush up his micro pellets though, because they're too big for him. And I also picked up some freeze dried blood worms for a treat ^-^

Pictures to come tonight! :) He seems to be doing very well so far. He was a really pale white all over his body when I bought him, with blue and red fins, but now the scales around his face are turning blue and purple. It's quite pretty! He seems to like the green fuzzy plant I got for him instead of his leaf hammock I made. Oh well, at least he's found a good spot to rest!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #5 
kevinbacon

Talking

And by tonight I meant now... lol

Sorry about the cramped pics, guys. I'm still learning how to work this XP
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #6 
XxXMermaidzXxX

Awwwwwwwww hope his fin rot heals! My poor fish april has fin rot. Put some aquarium salt in his tank and let it sit in there overnight. Hope this helps c;
XxXMermaidzXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #7 
gbose

Sorry about Kevin. Good luck with Luke! Do weekly 50-80% water changes (never 100%) and your fish will stay happy and healthy. Keep the temperature in the high 70s....

Good luck!

GBose
gbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #8 
kevinbacon

Exclamation

Fish is possibly sick with columnaris! Help would be appreciated! Didn't mean to bump, but I don't want to lose him. Here's the thread I posted about it.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=115973
Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #9 
emeraldmaster

wow you and him went through alot! at least he got a good home out of the deal! good luck with the nursing of him!
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #10 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Hi KB,

What brand bottled bacteria did you use? How did you apply/use it? How did you make sure your tank was cycled? Thanks.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 gallon, fin rot, ich, kevin bacon, tank