Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #1 
zaylia

Question Can stucco from my ceiling poison my Betta??

I got my new Betta today! :) But, sometimes I notice stucco has fallen into my water that I drink, and obviously can't be healthy. So, if it falls into the fish bowl, will it poison him? Even if it's only a little? My room is right under the main floor, main doorway. So if the dog jumps enough, it rattles the ceiling, knocking the stucco down.

I took this picture, with the water he came with, he has more now :)
Attached Images

Last edited by zaylia; 09-22-2012 at 11:08 PM.
zaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #2 
zaylia

Just thought of this, I will pin up a garbage bag or paper above the fish bowl so it can't fall to him :)
Old 09-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #3 
registereduser

If I were your mom or dad I would fix that ceiling. Scrape it then paint.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #4 
zaylia

Thank you for the quick response!

The ceiling is new, and nothing wrong with it. But the floors are weaker because we had a house fire a while ago that did damage. So the house shakes easily..
Old 09-23-2012, 01:14 AM   #5 
Hallyx
Reference Team

It's a good idea to cover your tank anyway (cling film Saran-wrap will do). It keeps the air your Betta breaths warm and moist.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #6 
homegrown terror

i was gonna suggest getting a tank with a lid. much better than a bowl. what is his technical loadout in there?
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #7 
zaylia

He definitely isn't living in a habitat, I was reccomened for a Betta. I have read quite a bit online and do agree very small homes are decorations. Unfortuneatly, my mom was buying. I talked her out of all the half gallon homes. The bigger ones, our stores had, were either expensive, or very cheaply made, and looked like they would fall apart. The stock in the 5 stores I went to were poor. I chose a Betta that swam VERY slow, and hid. It came out a couple times, between the 3 visits at different times of the day. I thought he was ill.

But, he is now, in yes only a 1 gallon fish bowl, with his one decoration thingy, to hide in, and rocks on the bottom. But, after an hour of being here with me, he mostly just stares at me, goes and does some facy swimming(quickly, and slowly) does a lap or two. Then stares at me. Oh, seems fascinated by the computer. I thought his tail was broken or something, I could barely see it in store. But now it is spread out and he just looks like a happy fish. When I get my own money, I plan on getting a 5 gallon of sorts. Or find one free on adds online.

I will do the saran wrap thing. Sounds great! :) I can put the water higher too since he can't jump through that.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #8 
zaylia

I put as many holes in the saran wrap as I could without it ruining the cover. Do they need big air holes? I am very paranoid when it comes to my pets.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #9 
zaylia

For the holes, I took a knife and twisted it, and then pulled on the saran with my finger. I think they are big enough...
Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #10 
zaylia

Here are the holes. Can't see the best in the pic though..
Attached Images