Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #11 
MoonShadow

My neighbor thinks we should let the kitten go in case she has a home... but we live on 9w, very busy street! Plus she's not spayed... ugh!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #12 
laynisample

Make sure to take her to a vet to see if she has a microchip as well. All of my animals are chipped. That will contact the owners. Also, good for you for checking on FIV/FELV. All four Of my cats have FIV
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #13 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
My neighbor thinks we should let the kitten go in case she has a home... but we live on 9w, very busy street! Plus she's not spayed... ugh!

I completely disagree with your neighbor. If she had a home, she woulldn't be so skinny and limping around. Unless the owners are complete jerks and don't care for it.

She's better off with you until you can either find her owners or a home.

Good luck
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #14 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynisample View Post
Make sure to take her to a vet to see if she has a microchip as well. All of my animals are chipped. That will contact the owners. Also, good for you for checking on FIV/FELV. All four Of my cats have FIV
She is going to the vet tonight for a check up and to get checked for a micro chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
I completely disagree with your neighbor. If she had a home, she woulldn't be so skinny and limping around. Unless the owners are complete jerks and don't care for it.

She's better off with you until you can either find her owners or a home.

Good luck
Yeah that's what I said... my neighbor left a letter outside my door this morning saying that letting the kitten loose would be the right thing to do and yaddy yadda. I'm trying to find her owner if she has one, I've called all of the local shelters so see if anyone has reported her missing, I posted an add on craigslist to see if anyone knows anything about her, and printed out fliers.

I'm going to be honest, if no one claims her and she's healthy and can live with my other cat, I'm most likely going to keep her.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #15 
teeneythebetta

SHE IS SO FREAKING CUTE! <3
Sooooo happy to hear about how youre going to have her spayed, good fur you!!

Wait, youre supposed to have only declawed cats?
I cant stand when places do that, supporting the cruel procedure of ripping out a cat's claws, bones and tendons. freaking ridiculous.

Good luck with her!
Id say she probably doesnt have an owner, and if she did theyre obviously irresponsible letting a) their cat outside in the danger of who knows what
and b) not spayed.

and if she does have an owner, they should claim her. Try posting on craigslist.org. I wouldnt put a photo, just say you found a kitten and ask that someone contact u with a description.
If I were you, id tell my neighbor that letting an UNALTERED cat lose is the wrong thing to do, she could be hit by a car or hurt by another cat/other animal, not to mention if she doesnt have an owner she will add to the overpopulation of cats, not to mention be exposed to feline AIDS or other cat STDs.

IMO if you want a cat to be able to go outside then you should get a harness and leash, just like dogs.

Last edited by teeneythebetta; 09-21-2012 at 04:45 PM.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #16 
MoonShadow

Well she's not micro chipped. Time for her check up.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #17 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
my neighbor left a letter outside my door this morning saying that letting the kitten loose would be the right thing to do and yaddy yadda.
wow, your neighbor is an idiot

will landlord accept soft paws on your new kitty?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #18 
Silverfang

you have ads posted? One in or around your building? Online?

Absolutely keep her inside where she can be safe and fed. Good for you for doing the right thing. I would probably do the same. I just wouldn't be able to keep her... *has a demonic kitty already*

Glad to know there are responsible owners out there! I think ALL pet cats should be fixed. Had 5 in my life time, either mother or I had them all fixed.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #19 
MoonShadow

Well... she is a he and I suck at sexing cats haha! We're at the vet now, no microchip, he's getting tested for felv/fiv today as well as dewormed and vaccinated. The vet doesn't think he has a home or a responsible home based on his body condition his sore hips and the fact that at 6 months he's not neutered.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #20 
tpocicat

Good for you for rescuing this little girl! I have several cats, all rescues. I have my own house, so I don't have anyone telling me what I can do or can't do.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote