Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #1 
Pogthefish

Eyes super watery when I put in my contacts?

Usually after I put each one in, I have to sit on the edge of the bathtub for a minute just cupping my hand around my eye so I don't rub it, and blinking uncontrollably until my eye accepts the fact that the intruder is back, then I repeat with the other one. Is this normal? Apparently my lenses don't fit right when they first go on, too, they slowly reshape my eyes overnight, each night.

Also, tips on getting it on your cornea first try? On my right its always the inside (which means I look out, I know) and with my left its either inside, or less ofhen, bottom, or sometimes right on. Also, how do you get it onto your cornea once it is in the wrong place?

ALSO, weird thing, but the right position is the least comfortable position. :/ I get used to it, though.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #2 
Bettaworldfighters

Cool Hey hello this Bettaworldfighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
Usually after I put each one in, I have to sit on the edge of the bathtub for a minute just cupping my hand around my eye so I don't rub it, and blinking uncontrollably until my eye accepts the fact that the intruder is back, then I repeat with the other one. Is this normal? Apparently my lenses don't fit right when they first go on, too, they slowly reshape my eyes overnight, each night.

Also, tips on getting it on your cornea first try? On my right its always the inside (which means I look out, I know) and with my left its either inside, or less ofhen, bottom, or sometimes right on. Also, how do you get it onto your cornea once it is in the wrong place?

ALSO, weird thing, but the right position is the least comfortable position. :/ I get used to it, though.
your contacts shouldnt bother when you put them in or take them out, by any chance are you wearing a set of hard lenses like in the 80's not kidding those hurt, I just rinse them put on index finger and touch my eye right in the middle of lense i see my finger coming barly touches, suction takes over, why are we talking about this on web site, now my betta prefers eye glasses Oaklys , he think it makes him look cool, and you what he's right.
Bettaworldfighters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #3 
Bettaworldfighters

Cool Hey blind guy

your contacts shouldnt bother when you put them in or take them out, by any chance are you wearing a set of hard lenses like in the 80's not kidding those hurt, I just rinse them put on index finger and touch my eye right in the middle of lense i see my finger coming barly touches, suction takes over, why are we talking about this on web site, now my betta prefers eye glasses Oaklys , he think it makes him look cool, and you what he's right.
Bettaworldfighters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #4 
Pogthefish

:O I posted this in the wrong section! let me delete this and make a new one, sorry.
o btw they ARE hard lenses, they are made to reshape my eyes.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wore hard lenses years ago and they hurt like heck and I never could get used to them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #6 
vilmarisv

I've been using those lenses for over 10 years now.
If you just got them, they will hurt a lot.
They are not meant for daily wear and that's why you need to put them on before you go to bed.
If you stick with them you will definitely get used to them.
I don't know what instructions they gave you at the optometrist but what I do is I will put a drop of saline solution in each eye before applying the lens and will fill the lens with saline solution. Then insert the lens directly on the cornea, not underneath like soft contacts. If I don't use this method my lenses will feel very dry and will stick to my eye to much to the point that they can be painful.
And make super sure they are very clean, any particle will hurt like there's no tomorrow.

I love these lenses but my optometrist friend told me a lot of people don't do well with them. She was actually surprised I have been wearing them for so long without any problems.
They last forever too. I've had 2 pairs in the last 10 years and my yearly exams haven't called for a change in prescription. They are super pricy but definitely less than soft contacts in the long run... and better than getting corrective surgery, IMO.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote