Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #1 
12thletter

Need Sorority Advice!

So, I used to have a 15 gallon fish tank with 7 female bettas, 1 small pleco (forgot the type but he is supposed to stay small), 2 ghost shrimp, a banjo catfish, and one black kuhli loach. I have upgraded to a 29 gallon and have added 3 female bettas and a few ghost shrimp. I am stopping there for tank mates. I have three tall fake plants and the rest in the picture are real. I just bought some duckweed and frogbit to create cover at the top of the tank. I also have some anarchis floating which I am waiting for it to grow roots. My issue is how do I create cover in between the top and bottom before my new plants grow in? Any idea? My bettas seem to get along pretty well (historically and in the new tank) as they have been tank makes for about a year.

Thanks!

12thletter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #2 
OrangeAugust

I just bought some really tall Amazon sword at Petsmart the other day. That could help if you got a good amount of that. It's tall and kind of dense so it could block a good amount of their line of sight.
Is that your moss ball floating? Hehe mine did that because I squeezed it out after I rinsed it in the sink.

Last edited by OrangeAugust; 09-21-2012 at 09:37 AM.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #3 
registereduser

I think it looks great as is, especially since the girls get along. I don't have enough tall growth either but they get along so I don't worry.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #4 
babystarz

Beautiful sorority tank! Honestly I do think you have enough cover as it is. If any chases happen, the "victims" can dip down into the ground cover and lose a pursuer :)
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #5 
starrlamia

i would suggest getting more kuhli loaches as they do better in groups, you could easily add 5 more without upping your bioload too badly.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #6 
12thletter

Hey! Thanks for the replys! I will keep an eye on them to make sure the new 3 are getting along okay with the "old" gals.

As for the Kuhli loaches. I read they like to be in groups but I can find any in my LFS! I used to have three but only one made it from my move (which was a drive from North Dakota to Alasak). Which sucked but all my other fish except one better made it in the 5 day drive. :(
12thletter is offline   Reply With Quote