Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #1 
tamikakes

introducing heater

How should I introduce a heater to my 2.5 gal tank? We've had a very hot summer, and since the house doesn't have A/C, the tank was always room temp (75-85F) now that its getting down to the 50's, I went and got a heater for 1-5 gal tanks (aqueon mini heater 10w with thermal safty shut off)

How do I go about introducing the heater? Reason I ask is that I don't want to just put it in and turn it on as I don't want to shock him from the sudden temp increase. I was thinking of putting her in the small container I keep her in during water changes in her water thats at the temp shes acustomed to and turning the heater on so it slowly heats the water........I justwanted to ask you guys before I did anything.
tamikakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:56 AM   #2 
twolovers101

Not an expert here but when I got my heater I had just done a water change so Nova was already in his little cup. I put the heater in and let it get the temp up to a good temp (I think 78 is when I decided it was okay) It took SEVERAL hours for the tank to reach a good temp, and then I floated him in his cup in the tank and after acclimating him for 30mins to an hour (ish) I let him loose and now he's one happy little dude :D
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote