Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #1 
magnum

15G (or 2 ft) Tank Ideas!

So, a close family friend has a 15 G fish tank and my mum and dad are considering giving it to me sometime this week. I just want to think of some ideas of what to do with the tank before I set it up! Anyone have pictures of what they've done with a similar size?
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #2 
Animal Lover37

This is my 10g tank. i have quite a bit of decorations in it and a livily and colorful community. you can put plenty of small fish and or have a school of mollies. i even have frogs and shrimp in my tank. with a 15g you could probably fit a few more fish in and put more plants.
Animal Lover37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #3 
DragonFish

Ooooooo, a 15 gallon.....so many options!!

-You could do a community tank with one betta(male or female)and a nice school(6-8)of your favorite tetra OR you could go with a sand substrate and do a shoal(same number as tetras)of little cory catfish with a single betta.

-You could pack the tank with real/silk plants do a betta Sorority with 6-8 little betta girlies.

-You could even divide the tank 2-4 ways for 2-4 boys!

-Or if you didn't want to do bettas, you could look into a few other peaceful community fish like Platys or guppies, Dwarf Gouramis, tetras, corys, and whatnot and see what you like and what would work in your tank.

Whatever you decide to do, I highly suggest you do a fishless nitrogen cycle in your tank first. Have you looked into possibly doing a NTP yet?
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #4 
magnum

Ohh, so many options >.< I don't want to divide at the moment, so I'm trying to figure out weather I want a sorority or one single male. I am looking into the idea of NTP, because I love the way they look.

And AnimalLover37, I love your idea! It makes me want to have a sorority >.<
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote