Old 09-25-2012, 02:20 AM   #21 
ao
TFK Moderator

snowball and yellow shrimp? expensivvvveeee snacks XD
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #22 
Olocitad

THEY WOULDN'T BE SNACKS. >:l

Buuut my betta is eating the frog food and the frogs seem to prefer the betta food. WHY.

Earl seems to have a ball chasing the frog food as it sinks to the bottom, even going so far as to cough up the food he was already chewing so as it give it chase. I wonder if I should just switch his food to some sort of sinking food if I can't get him to eat his own regular stuff haha.
Olocitad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #23 
Laki

Tank is lovely!! I want ADF's so bad. BOTH my bettas would pick and peck them to death. And starve them since they're pigs. Can't even feed the assassins bloodworms without my combtail freaking out with jealousy (the assassins are floating in a betta cup on his side of the tank)

I think Earl is a lovely little fish and your names are hilarious. I would probably die if I saw an aquatic frog in my bed. I do have nerites and I hear they can escape the tank and crawl around outside for a while. lol
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #24 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I do have nerites and I hear they can escape the tank and crawl around outside for a while. lol
I think (I hope) they have a hard time getting over the lip around the common glass tank. My Nerite has been known to climb over both dividers in my double-divided tank to get to the goodies in the other bay.
Hallyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #25 
Laki

I hope Milly figures that out so she can go clean the other side of the divider.. She's been on it for days. I like how she cleaned the one side I think I'll put her over. Gammon is 'special' in that he hasn't figured it out yet. ALL the algae is on the divider! Thanks for calming me with that, I know it would upset Matt so much. He hates the snails as it is.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #26 
Olocitad

Decided against the snails because people reccomended me not getting them, and so I won't x3 Plus the tank is pretty clean on its own so I don't think I'll need a cleaner-dude in there! Nobody leaves much waste so far.

First cleaning of the big tank, successful! :D I found out how the vaccuum works so my fear of accidentally sucking up somebody and hurting / maiming / killing them is absolved, whew. I'll still take the frogs out during cleaning because they aren't the best of swimmers but Earl's cool to stay in -- which is good because he IS a powerful swimmer and can take forever to catch @.@ Not having to take him down cuts cleaning down a whole bunch!

Due to the nature of my vaccuum only picking up itty bitty little froggy and fishy poos and old pellets, the pebbles I use as a substrate actually do pretty well! I actually think sand would make it more difficult to clean because it'd probably take the sand out too :B Yay!

Now to put my trio back in there and we're good to go. THIS IS FUN I LOVE MY LITTLE FISHIES
Old 09-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #27 
Olocitad

I FORGOT TO POST THE PICS

Here's a picture of Sue's FACE this time, thank gods, last few pictures she wouldn't face the right way so they were all butt shots

Cletus doesn't like the camera much, but he loves to burrow in the pebbles, so as soon as he was back in the new clean tank he set about doing that ( I hope he doesn't do that too much, I had a ADF when I was little that liked to burrow and she eventually became an amputee when one of her burrows collapsed on her :l )

Bubba is the king of the bonsai tree

No Earl this time 'cause he wasn't being camera friendly, kept swimming away and hiding in the other plant!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #28 
Laki

Yes :) I think I like Bubba the best.