Betta Fish Forum banner

Should I keep him or adopt him out?

Meet Koi

639 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ZackyBear 
#1 ·
I've actually had him for about a week already, and I stuck Portal Prime in a newer tank to house him (since the old one's LED lightning went kapoot) and stuck koi in the older one. Never really noticed how much his color came out until I compared the pictures today.

I consider him a rescue (managed to get as low as 75% off for him), and I had been treating him for a fungus on his body (he has dark spots where it used to be). Now that he is better, I can't decide between adopting him out locally or keeping him. His name comes from the red markings on the top of his head, which remind me of koi fish.

He is a CT, and he is still young, very spunky, flares at anything except food. His branching and form are dang near perfect, and I keep thinking he may be a Comb-tail, but I will know for sure when he grows out a bit more. Enjoy his pictures~

Despite how cruddy they are xD

This is him when I got him:

This is him floating in Portal Prime's new tank while I set up the old one (he wasn't too happy at first):

And here is is today, a week later:

If you want bigger pictures just click them. It'll jump to flickr :3 I'm switching phones today so I will have more pictures tonight.

See less See more
#3 ·
It's really hard to choose. Especially when my bf is telling me things like 'If you adopt him out you can help another'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.