Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #301 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I have set TV volumes for TV. 9,11,17, and 21.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #302 
Maddybelle

I have mild depression, moderate anxiety (currently on Pristiq) congenital week joints, and pinched nerves in my back.
I'm currently trying to find a way to make my last 3 Pristiq tablets last until my next doctor appointment on the 3rd. Hopefully they'll give me something else, that will actually work. I've tried Pristiq, Webutrin, and Lexapro. They tend to work for a while, then just quit having any effect.
When I went to the Shriners hospital in South Carolina a few years ago, they said that I would be in a wheelchair by now. Don't know where they got that notion. I usually don't have any problem from my orthopedic issues, plus I'm double jointed. Everything has a silver lining!
I also have a tendency to obsess on one topic and learn everything about it, then move on to something else. Right now I'm on goldfish, LOL.
I'm really just a normal person. I've learned to work with or around my issues, and mostly I have a normal life. Sure, I sometimes can't go out of the house without freaking out, and I walk a bit differently than other people, but I have an IQ of 165-ish and a lot of empathy for others. My tendency to over focus on one topic can actually be an asset, and I retain most of what I read.
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #303 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Normal is boring. In my science class my table as an insult will say your normal.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #304 
AyalaCookiejar

I have been diagnosed with major depression and manic depression. The psychiatrist also told me I am co-dependent. My therapist who I've had since I was like 5 years old also told me that she suspects that I have Borderline Personality Disorder, although I have NOT been diagnosed with this by an actual Psychiatrist.

I was taking medication for depression and manic depression for awhile but stopped taking it mostly due to stupid remarks I got from my mom (I was in 8th grade or so). Sometimes I put my pills down the sink instead of taking them, and on those days my mom would make comments like, "I can tell you took your meds today." On days I DID take them, she would make comments like, "You didn't take your pills today, did you?" They didn't make me feel any different and those comments convinced me that they didn't make any difference. They had me on several different meds for depression, but I think they either didn't work or they just made me feel empty. I also suspect that I have some sort of anxiety disorder, but this has also not been diagnosed.

I've always been more of an animal person than a people person and I think that these things have contributed to my lack of people skills. I've never been much of a socializer.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #305 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Sometimes like now my Deppression comes back. My Neighbors grumpy on ADD med. Off meds hes a nice energetic youth.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #306 
AyalaCookiejar

Depression sucks. I have moments where I get really excited over something, but then depressed again because I don't know what that something is. Caring for animals helps me keep my mind off of it. At times I get very scared or anxious about things that I also don't know. I have highs and lows that are seemingly caused by nothing at all. Meds don't help near as much as keeping busy. It seems that my bettas are better meds than any actual meds.

They also affect everyone differently. I have a cousin with ADHD and her meds help tremendously, but for others, they seem to either do nothing or make them feel nothing.

Again, at times, I'd rather feel nothing than these extreme and unexplainable highs and lows. Sometimes the only thing that gets me up in the morning (besides work or school) is the desire to say good morning to my fish and a hot cup of coffee, lol. The fact that both of my fish have also been sick gets me up pretty quickly. At times it's almost like I'm expecting to find one of them dead...
Old 12-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #307 
Bluewind

I totally get that Alaya! Some days I just want to curl up in the bed, but Gus needs me, so I roll out of bed and live my life. I found that he and my vitamin therapy have helped me more than my meds, although they do help. And don't let the sadness suck you in if something happens to one of your babies. Such is life. And you must know that her life had meaning because of how she helped you, regardless of its length
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #308 
AyalaCookiejar

I know. I feel incredibly helpless when something is wrong but I can't figure out what. I finally figured out that my CT is blind (but my VT is still having other issues) and it worries me so completely that his life will not be as good as if he could see just like any other betta.
They are more stressful than any other pet that I've owned because I can't just take them to the vet and figure out whats wrong, but they also occupy a lot more of my time.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #309 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would rather have no emotions too.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #310 
bettaluver14

i have 3 blood pressure diseases that i'm on medication for and 2 fragile bone/joint diseases. and depression problems.

If i never got diagnosed by the doctor who perscribed me the meds for my blood pressure diseases; i would be like i was..... sick as a dog. Not being able to eat, LOW LLOW LOOWWWW blood pressure, fainting, migranes, extreme fatigue, no point to be in this world because i felt like i was dying.

THANK YOU DR. ABDALLAH
bettaluver14 is offline   Reply With Quote