Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #361 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Why was he banned? Do the moderators hate mentally handicapped people or something?
Since I can't say what I'd really like to about this hideous comment, I'm just going to say NO! And frankly, this is insulting on many levels.

Last edited by Romad; 02-22-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #362 
Option

I'd have to agree. He started alot of unnecessary arguments on threads all over this forum, constantly. So even if he was handicapped, that doesn't mean he doesn't get punished/banned like any other member who starts trouble on the site.
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #363 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Since I can't say what I'd really like to about this hideous comment, I'm just going to say NO! And frankly, this is insulting on many levels.
I always thought that all the mods handled him very professionally and enforced the rules evenly for all members. I personally had to step away from my computer a few times when I felt I was going to say something that would have gotten me into trouble in regards to something that was posted, so I can truly appreciate the mods being able to remain respectful. We appreciate your dedication and hard work to make this forum a friendly and inviting place to learn and share ideas about these fantastic fish.

As for a disability, I have some things, but I don't consider them too much of a disability, just challenges. Depression that is pretty heavily tied into the fact that I had thyroid cancer a few years back. Not in the way you might think though, it is because I don't have a thyroid any more and have to take a replacement hormone for the rest of my life. Not taking the replacement hormone would mean I would eventually go into a coma and die. The levels in my system have a big impact on how I feel on any given day, and those are checked every 3-4 months. It has actually been 4 years, and only with my most recent test earlier this month did my levels come back in a normal range. Overall things are looking pretty good now.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #364 
Kiara1125

Kytkattin, I'm glad everything is going good for you right now. its always best to be a fighter and I honestly hope that you'll have a great future.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #365 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
Kytkattin, I'm glad everything is going good for you right now. its always best to be a fighter and I honestly hope that you'll have a great future.
Thank you! Hopefully it will all work out. It is one of those cancers that strikes pretty young. I was only 19 when I was diagnosed. Though it is also a cancer with both a very low mortality rate, but a higher reoccurrence rate.
I do have to make sure I take my calcium though as the replacement hormone lowers bone density.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #366 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
To our mods: You guys are seriously awesome and do a great job at keeping the forums a friendly place to learn and meet other fish keepers!
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #367 
registereduser

Quote:
OMG I think an apology is in order!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote