Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #1 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Unhappy Hornwort shedding

Well I thought my Hornwort was looking brownish and doing my weekly water change that should have taken 15 mins. took and hour cause of all the shedding and all the needles I had to vac out plus use my turkey baster when some of it started to float on top of the water. What a mess and I could cry cause I loved my Hornwort and now the tank looks so empty without it.

I am going to try and save some of it that is still green and not shedding and order some more I guess. I dont know what could have caused this but I had been laying some IAL on top of it some maybe it was not getting enough light ?

My Anacharis is good thank goodness and growing just fine this week getting longer. Also today I get the Christmas Moss I ordered and its all dried out got in some water soaking hoping I can save it or get my money back.

Anybody have any ideas how to save the Hornwort and the Christmas Moss ?

Also my tank has only been cycled about a month now and without the Hornwort is anything going to change with the levels now ? Thanks for any help !!!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #2 
toad

Hornwort is a funny plant. I have many hornwort stems in one of my tanks, and some of them are beautiful and fluffy and growing, while others are balding and brown... I have no idea why some do great and some don't.

I'm thinking of trying some liquid fertilizer to see if I can help it out...
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #3 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Thanks Toad maybe I should try that too. It was so pretty and only had at around 3 months now and I was so proud of it
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote