Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #1 
DreamingSmaller

Hey from Eastern TN

Just getting back into fish keeping after a few years away (now the kids are old enough to really enjoy it with the Wife and I ),and as we always loved Bettas,obviously we picked up a couple small tanks and two beautiful males (a "Halfmoon Tail" names Popeye-his right eye bulges a bit-,and a "Dragontail" with no name).
Nice to meet y'all
DreamingSmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #2 
homegrown terror

hey! my fiance (Opioid Slumber) and i are in Murfreesboro! not exactly eastern tennessee but it's nice to see a fellow "proper" betta owner around us (most people in our area seem like the "fish in a vase" types)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #3 
DreamingSmaller

Murreesboro isn't that far,been throught there lots back in my trucking days (of course I was a Virginian then,and natively so ),nice to meet you my friend! If you aren't familiar with Piney Flats area (right off of Boone Lake,I can walk to the dock in 3 minutes if motivated),it's between the Tri-Cities area of Bristol,Johnson City and Kingsport,TN...at night I can see Bristol Motor Speedway and if there's a big crash we can hear it on the porch (used to dragrace my daily driven-no longer have it-Mustang at BRM's Thunder Valley Thursday "Street Fights" even)-to give you a general idear where we are

In a vase....nah,no tin this house they won't be. Like I said,it'd been a few years for us,but not so many years that I forgot everything (just most of everything ) or became cruel to our finned friends. Nice to meet a semi-local fellow Betta lover
Old 09-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum so nice to see another from east TN !!!! I am in Knoxville born and raised, beautiful time of year here cant wait for the leaves to start changing colors. That is a awesome forum I learn so much here and only had my first ever Betta 4 months now and loving it, he is such a awesome little guy !!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

Hello there from Georgia...welcome to the forum!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #6 
DreamingSmaller

Thanks guys! I'm feeling very welcome,especially seeing all of ya's are even neighbors (Hey,even GA ain't that far,I have an uncle in Augusta too) Yeah...I think I've found my home here
Old 09-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #7 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSmaller View Post
Thanks guys! I'm feeling very welcome,especially seeing all of ya's are even neighbors (Hey,even GA ain't that far,I have an uncle in Augusta too) Yeah...I think I've found my home here
do you know any decent independent betta breeders in tennessee? i've been wanting to get some really nice fish, the kind you can't find at a pet store, but i'd want to pick them up myself because shipping bettas just worries me, and i'd also like to get an idea for their personality rather than just looks before i buy them.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:28 AM   #8 
DreamingSmaller

No idear,mfriend,sorry-1) Im just getting back into fish keeping,and 2) moved from Bristol,VA only 3 months ago,and into the area from Buchanan county,VA only a year earlier. If you find any,let me know,ok?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #9 
eaturbyfill

Hello and welcome to the forum!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #10 
DreamingSmaller

Thank you,Elizabeth

Steve