Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #1 
nickdolin

Setup before upgrade..

I realize that my setup is on the small side but I have no problem with doing regular water changes (I'm doing 50% every other day and one 100% weekly). I had some silk plants in the tank but it seemed to limit room more than I wanted them to. Their flaring has really decreased so I'm not as concerned as I was about that. In the place of the silk plant I've put in 2 small coffee cups for a hide spot but I haven't seen them use it yet. There is now also a small Marimo Moss Ball to help with ammonia buildup. I have a "Betta" heater in the tank but it only seems to keep the water 72-74 which is still cool so I need to put it in a warmer room or get a better heater. As of now I'm using the Hikari Betta Bio-Gold and they seem to enjoy it with about 4-5 pellets a day for each betta.

So, besides needing a larger tank and some better temps, any other suggestions? They seem to be doing well but I bet they would be more active if I got the temps up some, which I will look into ASAP. PS. The water is clear, the foggy-ness is a combination of a cell pic quality with the reflection of the coffee cups.

nickdolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #2 
LadyVictorian

They would enjoy some plants for one. Maybe some more to do too, a betta log and just something to keep them active.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #3 
teeneythebetta

Well, if you get plants, make sure theyre small and out of the way, that way it doesnt subtract from their swimming room.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #4 
toad

Perhaps some small floating plants?
toad is offline   Reply With Quote