Betta Fish Forum banner

Setup before upgrade..

575 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  toad 
#1 ·
I realize that my setup is on the small side but I have no problem with doing regular water changes (I'm doing 50% every other day and one 100% weekly). I had some silk plants in the tank but it seemed to limit room more than I wanted them to. Their flaring has really decreased so I'm not as concerned as I was about that. In the place of the silk plant I've put in 2 small coffee cups for a hide spot but I haven't seen them use it yet. There is now also a small Marimo Moss Ball to help with ammonia buildup. I have a "Betta" heater in the tank but it only seems to keep the water 72-74 which is still cool so I need to put it in a warmer room or get a better heater. As of now I'm using the Hikari Betta Bio-Gold and they seem to enjoy it with about 4-5 pellets a day for each betta.

So, besides needing a larger tank and some better temps, any other suggestions? They seem to be doing well but I bet they would be more active if I got the temps up some, which I will look into ASAP. PS. The water is clear, the foggy-ness is a combination of a cell pic quality with the reflection of the coffee cups.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, if you get plants, make sure theyre small and out of the way, that way it doesnt subtract from their swimming room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.