Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #1 
ThePearlFish

Tanked-What kind of tank would you have?

I am sure there's a thread or two about the show Tanked on AP floating around here, but I am watching it right now and I am loving this show! These guys seem to be able to pull off the impossible when making these custom tanks! I never watch Animal Planet. I hate the network after it stopped becoming more about the animals, but I might be watching this show more often now to get my fish tank fix! I also think Nat Geo Wild has a similar show too.

A question for you all though. If you could have a fish tank like how they put together tanks on the show, what would you have??

Oh, fantasizing is so fun!!
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #2 
lvandert

I would love a tank set into a wall. Like its part of the wall but sticks out on either side of it. I also wouldn't have a salt water, fresh water all the way lol.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #3 
ThePearlFish

I love tanks where you can see it from both sides of the wall.

I too would not want a saltwater tank. To much work, and to me, for some reason, freshwater feels more peaceful and serene to me.

I'd probably want something for aquatic turtles (aka BIG tank) set into a wall somehow, and/or incorporate freshwater fish in that tank and/or around that that tank. (The turtle tank would be the main focal point of the piece) the freshwater tanks incorporated with the turtle tank would be Amazon and/or Asian themed dedicated to Betta/s, Albino Corycats, Cardinal Tetras, Kuhlii Loaches, Red Platys, Guppies, Bristlenose Catfish and some other random asian fish, Tetra fish, and one section dedicated to Goldfish and other cold water fish and another for Discus. (aka more BIG tankness.) The big/small tanks together concept might work out in case I want to one day trade the discus or goldfish for something else or the smaller fish for something else.

I can dream.. Siigghh.. One day I might have enough money for something like this...

Last edited by ThePearlFish; 09-22-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #4 
lvandert

lol ditto, the bf has this wild notion he's going to be a great civil engineer and architect and make tons of money for such things. We'd be lying if we said we didn't dream :P
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #5 
babystarz

Oh my gosh LOVE that show! I am amazed at all the awesome fish they have access to. If I could pick anything, I'd go with either a floor-to-ceiling jellyfish or octopus tank set into the wall opposite from my bed so I could stare at it all the time.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #6 
ThePearlFish

I love Octopus, at the zoo they had one and she was stuck to the size of the tank in the shape of a circle and when someone put their hand on the tank where the Octopus was, she would move her tentacle around as if she was following the hand's movement.