Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #1 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Which do you like?

Would you rather keep lots of Bettas in smaller tanks or few Bettas in big tanks. I am in the big tank I keep two Bettas male in 10 gallon and female in 20 gallon community tank. So which is your choice.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #2 
ZackyBear

probably a few in the larger tanks. If cycled they're easier to care for...and I use mine for aquaponics so I can do less water changes as long as I clean my gravel every few days.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #3 
Sivan

A few in large tanks. You lose a special bond by having too many and care can be demanding. I'd rather give a few betta fish excellent care than give many betta fish decent care.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I was really expecting more decent care instead of excellent. But few with decent care looks way more cool. I am also against dividers they always seem to make it to the other side.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

I have have 7 bettas all in different size and style tanks...all of my divided tanks have two dividers, so even if they manage to jump one, they end up in the center lol..and only Bali has done this. I am preparing my second 10g divided tank now.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #6 
teeneythebetta

It depends on what you'd classify as small. Although I believe in a minimum of 2.5 gallons, I'd love to have a few bettas in 5 gallon (or more?) tanks. They give adequate room for them and are simple to cycle.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #7 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
I have have 7 bettas all in different size and style tanks...all of my divided tanks have two dividers, so even if they manage to jump one, they end up in the center lol..and only Bali has done this. I am preparing my second 10g divided tank now.
Be ready to show pics sounds awesome. I just like the were is the fish you are looking for game. You just see more personality in a big tank. My Betta when he stops swimming his fins catch up and they spread out like flaring. I mean big like above 5 gallons. I keep mine in 10 gallon species and 20 gallon community.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #8 
RandyTheBettaFish

I keep mine in anywhere from 1 gallon to 10 gallons, it just depends on the fish.
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #9 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyTheBettaFish View Post
I keep mine in anywhere from 1 gallon to 10 gallons, it just depends on the fish.
Yup me too...I have Bella in her 2.5, the new guy, "Bayou" is in a 1g for now, then I have a 5g, a 5.5g divided, and a 10g divided. I also base it on the fish..some of my guys hated the 5g all to themselves, though Buddy loves his. Bella doesn't mind where she is, and she does well in the 2.5.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #10 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I feel as long as the Betta is really healthy we have succeded if the fish is happy/healthy I do not care what the tank looks like.