Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #11 
sarahspins

Yikes... I just ordered some mosses from them because I've been unable to find anything locally besides flame moss and christmas moss.

I also agree, what's in that picture doesn't look like xmas moss to me. It does look more like pellia, though the pellia I have doesn't look nearly as lush and jelly like as most of what I've seen online.
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #12 
sarahspins

I just wanted to update this, I finally received my order from AquaticMagic, and all of it was bone dry and BROWN. I think the dried sphagnum moss I buy for my hermit crabs has more life than the package I received.. I was so disappointed, because I ordered 5 different kinds of miss and I don't think any of them could possibly back to life :(

Oh well... I did get a refund from them (I asked yesterday) but now I can't leave feedback on ebay because I agreed to cancel our transactions (seems reasonable, since I *did* get all of my money back).
Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #13 
ao
TFK Moderator

Do you have a photo? and how big are their portions?
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #14 
sarahspins

I could take some pics tomorrow but they all kind of look like mud soup now... the portions were what I would have expected, except they are shipped very flat with very little water. I broke them up and have them in cups of water on my kitchen window but I really doubt any will come back.

I had ordered some java moss from a US company with another plant order a couple of weeks ago and it was not only more generous, but it arrived wet and alive (though most of the rest of the plants in that order did not - even my Anubias melted from being exposed to high temps in shipping.. the rhizomes seem to be alive so I'm hoping they'll grow their leaves back, but the stem plants were all mush).
Old 10-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #15 
ao
TFK Moderator

oO where are you located?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #16 
sarahspins

Texas... its still quite warm here.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #17 
ao
TFK Moderator

This sounds wierd...but do you mind if I test ship some moss to you? I met with the same problem last time shipping to texas, and kind of want to try again.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #18 
Friendlyfishies

Uh oh, I just ordered $50 of moss from there! I've been waiting more than a week for it too. I didn't know it was illegal? Maybe that's why I haven't gotten it? I hope I receive it still alive :/
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #19 
Aus

I got burned by a company on ebay not too long ago - same story, moss from Asia, all of it dead and I -did- get a warning from customs... scary!

There's some great companies selling plants online. Best bet is word of mouth. In fact, it'd be great to do a thread about it - recommending companies in various countries that people have had great success with. I think would help people make good choices and not waste their money.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote