Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #1 
wombatgirl

Anyone want to help me plan for my new 45 gal tank?

I've almost got my hubby convinced that I need to get a 45 gallon corner tank from a friend of mine. So now, I get to start daydreaming, plotting and planning for what I'm going to do with it once I get it set up, and thought I'd ask for suggestions.

It will be a 45 gallon tank. It will be in my living room, and the idea of that is that I'll move one of my betta's over so he's no longer in a 3 gallon, and then be able to add some tankmates to make it an interesting tank to watch.

My original thoughts were:

Jayne (my betta)
10-15 neon tetras
6 panda corys
5-6 glass catfish
and 3-4 bamboo shrimp
plus a few ghost shrimp in there now with Jayne.

But, the more I read about glass catfish, I'm beginning to wonder if they may not work. I've got a fairly high pH in my local water, and I know they prefer lower.

Any suggestions or advice for me? Does anyone know of any peaceful fully aquatic crabs? I'd love to get some of those, but I don't know that they exist. I really like the invertebrates.

Thanks!
wombatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #2 
djembekah

hmmm. This is a question i'd put on TFK, the parent website of this forum. They'd be able to help you a lot better, especially on the glass catfish thing, and water hardness and pH and stuff are really important for fish.

http://tropicalfishkeeping.com

i THINK the rest of the fish you have will do just fine in your higher pH water, but since I don't know if most glass cats are wild caught or not, you'd have to ask someone who knows even better :)
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote