Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #11 
toad

I bought a beautiful one at Petco, but paid $10 for him. However, I just got 5 baby moss balls from Ebay for 99 cents - that's 99 cents for the lot, not for each one :D I was very excited. I ordered another large one online and I think I paid $6 for that one.

So, I'd say that's a very good price.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #12 
TigerRegalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Great price though use the money you save to save for a bigger tank.
Quote:
My pet store sells them for 10.00 dollars. A1.5 is way to small is it heated.
Off topic, so I apologize, but I need to interject here so that Hotrodprincess knows this info... I have seen bettas thrive in tanks smaller than 1.5 gallons. My very first betta, Mr. Betta (or "Mr. B" ) was in an unheated bowl smaller than 1 gallon and he lived for over 3 years without ever having any diseases. My Tommy now is in a 1-gallon heated tank until I upgrade him to a 5-gallon and, with regular water changes done 3x/week, he is very happy and fin rot free.

I have been looking for good quality moss balls and other live plants for good prices, but have been having no such luck. Sounds like you found a good place though, Hotrodprincess!!
TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #13 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I want to point out the care guide on this forum says 2 gallons. Interesting fact Marimo is an algae.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #14 
katydidmischief

Quote:
I want to point out the care guide on this forum says 2 gallons. Interesting fact Marimo is an algae.
The OP said in an earlier post that it's temporary until they move then he'll be in a 3 gallon. That's a good factoid about marimo balls!
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #15 
hotrodprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRegalia View Post
Off topic, so I apologize, but I need to interject here so that Hotrodprincess knows this info... I have seen bettas thrive in tanks smaller than 1.5 gallons. My very first betta, Mr. Betta (or "Mr. B" ) was in an unheated bowl smaller than 1 gallon and he lived for over 3 years without ever having any diseases. My Tommy now is in a 1-gallon heated tank until I upgrade him to a 5-gallon and, with regular water changes done 3x/week, he is very happy and fin rot free.

I have been looking for good quality moss balls and other live plants for good prices, but have been having no such luck. Sounds like you found a good place though, Hotrodprincess!!
thanks for the information. We do have a bigger 3 gal tank but are in between moving and have no place to put the bigger tank. We do regular water changes and the water quality is well with in healthy ranges. He appears to be a happy fish he is very active and looks healthy. We thought a couple live plants would make him even happier and jazz up his tank a little. My daughter just happened to fall in love with the marimo balls she thinks they are cute for some reason. I did a little research on them so I would know what they needed to stay healthy and If they would work well in our current tank. I was surprised to see that they are an algae but hey if they help out the tank I am game. We will go this week and get a couple to add to the tank. and may be another small plant of some sort.
hotrodprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #16 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Can not wait to see the three gallon. The Marimo grows slowely and outcompete other algae. A three gallon tank will look great. More room to excerise. Crypts are good. Can not wait to see the three gallon tank.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote