Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #11 
Pilot00

I am with Aus but...Sorry i just (think that I) know better...
Humanity does not learn from its mistakes. Wejust ignore the problem till it comes knocking at the door. Then we sacrifice a few hundred thousands and we fixed it... The next 50 years lots urban areas that now have tropical climates will be transformed to deserts... Yes it can happen naturally but accelerating the cycle is not good. Also all the species that have been birthed on this green rock had a reason to exist. Whipping them out doesnt help the balance. The planet cannot go on coping forever, its like an immune system, when it takes too many hits it will surrender.

Are humans a disease? Well we have what it needs to be classified as one. But also we have what it takes to turn our path away from it. Will we be destroyed? I think not in the foreseeable future but those who live and arenot rich and powerful will be facing worsening conditions by the year.
I think we wont survive to see the next millennium though purely because the planet wont be able to sustain us for long.

And I am not an ecologist. Listen to that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0755SXCTCN0

Last edited by Pilot00; 09-28-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #12 
nel3

humans wont go very far unless we change immediately which isnt what most people in power are inclinde to do. even dire catastrophes aren't enough ie global warming to name one. if over population doesnt get to us then other factors will doom us. i do expect a poputation of 10-15 billion people but it wont be pretty as far as quality of life goes and the die-offs to follow it. if the result of the die off isnt enough to change us then not much is possible.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #13 
redchigh

I would normally neve get involved in a conversation like this, but here's my opinion. Based on facts, but I would never claim my opinion as fact. Only based on observations.

I do believe the earth is warming... I also believe an ice age will follow. Then warming. Then icing, ad infinitum, as it always has. Have we polluted our planet? Absolutely. Will humans destroy themselves? Likely, given enough time. Could humans totally destroy ALL life on earth? Possibly (but IMO, it's mostly humanity's ego that makes us think we're in control anyway... )All life everywhere? No.

No matter what you believe, all life could never be destroyed. What created life? Many possibilities, not a conversation for this forum. What ever it was, (God/Allah/Shiva/Zeus/the dude from that movie? Alien bacteria from comets? Evolution, aka A Series of Very Fortunate Events? Etc?) Who's to say it won't create life again after we screw it up?
Looking further ahead, this conversation is futile when looking too far ahead in the future... Eventually, one of these is bound to happen. Hrm, was pasting links, but this one's easier. Careful, may be some 'adult' language.
Link

Alternatively, we could wait until the singularity. Oh well.

These are my ideas alone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by redchigh; 10-02-2012 at 02:02 AM.
redchigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #14 
Pilot00

Its all sad really, because mankind has what it takes to prevent most of it (not all OFC) but nobody cares. And that i think is the bottom line.

redchigh, with singularity you dont speak about the alien ships coming out of the sun theory dont you?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #15 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

The archaea will live on forever. LOL.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #16 
redchigh

Haha. Pilot, are we talking about the same singularity?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #17 
DiiQue

I think mankind has the natural instinct to do what's good. Sure, there are those few who abuse power, destroy life, etc., etc, but for the most part, we are, as a species - good.

There's a lot of talk of the Mayan December 2012 prophesy, a brown dwarf cluster or other planetary "thing" approaching Earth, alien invasions/planetary wars, secret groups plotting world-wide exterminations, severe world changes happening sometime this year or early next year, etc., etc... the list goes on and on. There's evidence that we (mankind) have been on this planet longer that what is taught to us and I truly believe that someday, we will achieve the next level of evolution and peace will reign supreme. If Capt. Kirk and Mr. Spock could get along, there's hope for us yet. =)
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #18 
redchigh

I do believe that there's a distinct chance of humanity destroying ourselves... Thats why I mentioned the Singularity-brought about by humans, it will either destroy us, or revolutionalise our lives (and likely guarantee our survival until the end of the universe- AKA, The Big Crunch).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #19 
Hallyx
Reference Team

It is my understanding that, rather than shrinkung to a "big crunch," the universe is expanding ...and even accelerating.

Here's an interesting article tangentially on topic:

7 Horrible Ways The Universe Can Destroy Us Without Warning | Cracked.com
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:40 AM   #20 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by redchigh View Post
Haha. Pilot, are we talking about the same singularity?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think yes, arent we talking about the supposed evolution of mankind to the next level by the interference of an alien power that will teach how to be 'in tune' or somesuch?

Instead of searching answers to aliens, dictators, political systems, evolution and the unseen things, humans should focus on searching a way to secure tomorrow. All those things stem from (no offense to anyone its just MHO) humans whose lives are bad and they seek desperately something to save them.

Well, nothing will if we cant save ourselves. There is only one thing that can save mankind and ironically it stems from an ancient Greek philosophy that it was established, but not for very long.

Love humanity and nature. Respect humanity and nature. Without those there is nothing else.

Just my 2 c.