Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #1 
jeremywadejunior
Member
 
jeremywadejunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Bubblenests

Junior makes bubble nest, but they never seem to last for long. They always seem to pop after I take the hood of his tank of to look at them. Does he just not make sturdy nests?

How are your fish's bubblenests?
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #2 
homegrown terror
Member
 
homegrown terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post
Junior makes bubble nest, but they never seem to last for long. They always seem to pop after I take the hood of his tank of to look at them. Does he just not make sturdy nests?

How are your fish's bubblenests?
taking the lid off releases a lot of the humidity in the air portion of the tank, and humidity helps keep bubblenests together.

Sam, our green SDeT has been working on a huge nest for the last few hours or so. it's at least 4x4 inches across and more than an inch high above the surface. he's so meticulous about where to put the bubbles, swims in circles several times around the nest, then very deliberately places his next bubble. it's so fun to watch!
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #3 
jeremywadejunior
Member
 
jeremywadejunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
taking the lid off releases a lot of the humidity in the air portion of the tank, and humidity helps keep bubblenests together.

Sam, our green SDeT has been working on a huge nest for the last few hours or so. it's at least 4x4 inches across and more than an inch high above the surface. he's so meticulous about where to put the bubbles, swims in circles several times around the nest, then very deliberately places his next bubble. it's so fun to watch!
Oh no, I'm ruining his bubblenests! :/ I was afraid it was my fault..

That's so interesting! And wow, so big! Junior doesn't seem to be too particular about where he puts the bubbles (his nests usually aren't too big either), but it's very neat to watch!

Do you keep a hood on Sam's tank? How long do his nests usually stay for?
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
It is interesting all the nests my male has made I have never seen him build.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #5 
jeremywadejunior
Member
 
jeremywadejunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
It is interesting all the nests my male has made I have never seen him build.
Junior seems to be sneaky about it too. Usually when I get up in the morning, there is a new nest. Or, if I see him making one, I have to be sure not to let him see that I see or he'll stop building.haha
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #6 
ChoclateBetta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
I think it is because I am not home often.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #7 
TigerRegalia
Member
 
TigerRegalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post
Junior seems to be sneaky about it too. Usually when I get up in the morning, there is a new nest. Or, if I see him making one, I have to be sure not to let him see that I see or he'll stop building.haha
That's really cute that he stops when he sees you watching xD
TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #8 
toad
Member
 
toad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connecticut
Out of all my guys, my one eyed fish, Rosco, makes the most beautiful and the biggest nests. I try to take pictures, but of course, I end up ruining them when I take the hood off
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #9 
twolovers101
Member
 
twolovers101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
I can't wait until Nova builds his first nest... he's made attempts at it but I think he's a bit young yet to really know what he's doing lol

He had a teeny one in his petsmart cup... but right now just seems content with blowing random bubbles on the surface, silly boy
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #10 
homegrown terror
Member
 
homegrown terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post
Oh no, I'm ruining his bubblenests! :/ I was afraid it was my fault..

That's so interesting! And wow, so big! Junior doesn't seem to be too particular about where he puts the bubbles (his nests usually aren't too big either), but it's very neat to watch!

Do you keep a hood on Sam's tank? How long do his nests usually stay for?
yeah he's always got a lid on...it's got a feeding hole and a filter notch that air can get in and out of, but it traps moisture pretty well. his will usually stay for days because the water level is right below the outlet of his filter, so there is hardly any current from it (it's a tiny little bucket filter anyway, so it wouldn't put out much even if the water was lower.)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bubblenests?? freemike Betta Fish Care 7 04-25-2012 01:40 AM
No Bubblenests? audjree Betta Fish Care 17 09-02-2011 07:02 AM
Yes, they're bubblenestS! BetterBetta Betta Pictures 3 08-10-2011 01:28 PM
Bubblenests? Ma xiong Breeding Betta Fish 12 07-13-2011 11:34 PM
Yay bubblenests! Gizmothefreaky Betta Pictures 5 05-01-2011 02:14 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.