Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #1 
Bettanewbie60

Finally one good pic of Newest betta!

Okay, this is still not the best photo, but he is so fast, and so clear! Here is Benjiro Baha! Is he a DTHM? He is so little I'm still not sure how much/if he will color change, but looks like a marble to me.
Name:  002 (600x442).jpg
Views: 95
Size:  27.3 KB

Name:  004 (600x450).jpg
Views: 96
Size:  32.3 KB
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #2 
CandiceMM

He is a sweetie! I love marbles, they are the Betta of many colors!! I just saw your sig, I had no clue Bali passed away! I am so sorry about this. What happened?
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #3 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
He is a sweetie! I love marbles, they are the Betta of many colors!! I just saw your sig, I had no clue Bali passed away! I am so sorry about this. What happened?
Thanks Candice...Bali died yesterday...the night before hubby and I came home in the afternoon, and I asked hubby to feed the bettas...I watched from the dining room and realized that Bali was not coming to the top! He went downhill really fast, even after I spent all day trying everything to save him. We are still not sure what caused it..possible ammonia spike in the tank, because we moved it a few days before and had to empty 90% of the water. His tank mate, Bandit was showing signs of illness this morning, but seems to be improving..I hope. Funny you mentioned my signature, because I looked at it a while ago, and cried again...sigh.

If you look under the emergency section there is a post titled, "What happened to him"...and you will see the pics..it's horrible.

Last edited by Bettanewbie60; 09-26-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #4 
CandiceMM

I don't mean to change the subject of your thread but wanted to say I am very sorry. It's never easy but with death comes new life. I also lost one 2 days ago, he was in a split 10 gallon and his two other tank mates were VERY bad but I quarantined them ASAP and they have actually made it. I don't know what caused my other baby to pass. It's very sad, but we are all here for you!!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
I don't mean to change the subject of your thread but wanted to say I am very sorry. It's never easy but with death comes new life. I also lost one 2 days ago, he was in a split 10 gallon and his two other tank mates were VERY bad but I quarantined them ASAP and they have actually made it. I don't know what caused my other baby to pass. It's very sad, but we are all here for you!!
Thanks so much...I'm still not sure about Bali's cause of death either. I'm just pulling for Bandit now. sigh..I'm sorry for your loss also. This is the first one I have lost since I got my first betta in June...man, it sucks.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #6 
CandiceMM

So what does Comet look like? My two that were sick from whatever my other one had that passed they both have very messed up scales. Almost looks like they were sanded down with sandpaper. Both VERY clamped and acting weird, one would swim backwards and the other face to the surface and the rest of the body just hangs straight down. Super weird. But today both unclamped and eating and I noticed one flaring. So I am hoping they will make it.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #7 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
So what does Comet look like? My two that were sick from whatever my other one had that passed they both have very messed up scales. Almost looks like they were sanded down with sandpaper. Both VERY clamped and acting weird, one would swim backwards and the other face to the surface and the rest of the body just hangs straight down. Super weird. But today both unclamped and eating and I noticed one flaring. So I am hoping they will make it.
Comet? lol..I'm assuming you mean Bandit..he doesn't look bad, just acting lethargic and not eating...Bali however got clamped, drained color really fast, stayed at the bottom of the tank..and died in the cup I had him QTd in a few hours later.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #8 
CandiceMM

OMG yes Bandit.... What the heck was I thinking lol. Yeah mine also went super pale but their scales looked horrible. What are you doing now for "Bandit"? And how is he doing now? Do have any frozen blood worms you could try and get him to eat?
Old 09-26-2012, 01:02 AM   #9 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
OMG yes Bandit.... What the heck was I thinking lol. Yeah mine also went super pale but their scales looked horrible. What are you doing now for "Bandit"? And how is he doing now? Do have any frozen blood worms you could try and get him to eat?
Other than keeping his water clean, and the temp stable..I am not doing anything else for him. I feel a low tech approach, just letting him recover is the best bet right now. I can't use AQ salt without putting him in a QT tank, because there are live plants in the 10g..and besides, not knowing exactly what is wrong, I would rather not treat with anything. If it was the ammonia level, than clean water, and rest should help. I'm going to try just one pellet tomorrow, and if he's still uninterested, than another day of waiting. He will eat when he feels better.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #10 
CandiceMM

Very true!!! Well I wish you the best with him and I hope he makes it. Good luck!!