Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #1 
AlexF

My Betta keeps sinking and gasping.

My boyfriend and I just got a new betta fish three days ago. We got him a 2.5 liter tank along with conditioner for the water, freeze dried blood shrimp, and pellets for betta fish.

He seemed fine the first few days, but now he's gasping for air and sinking to the bottom of the tank after trying to swim. I haven't seem him eat at all since getting him, and his colors have dulled down and his fins are ripping.

I keep the temperature of the tank at roughly 79-80F and I washed the tank thoroughly with hot water before putting him in the tank. We did the bag trick to let him adjust to the water.

I recently had to change the water because for some reason, it got really milky and oily looking.

Please help. ): I have a heater, but I've been keeping a close eye on the temperature.
AlexF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #2 
AlexF

He passed away.

He passed away roughly an hour ago. I didn't expect it to happen so quick, but he couldn't even swim up to get air, even after I put him in a separate container with a few inches of water.

He had this white, filmy glaze over his eyes this morning and he was really slow with his movements. More so than often.

Can anyone tell me what happened? Or what could of caused his illness?
Old 09-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #3 
Tikibirds

DId he have white fuzz on his body?
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #4 
AlexF

No, just a white glaze over one eye. His colors were dulling too. He was a nice, red color and last night he started paling to a white, pinkish.

Tags
sick beta