Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #1 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Delta male?

So the fish in my avatar is Magic he is a 'veil tail' according to my local petstore. I payed 5 bucks for him wich means they sold him as a vt but he looks like a delta to me I will try get pics of him flaring but please tell me what you think. I will be breeding him to a halfmoon multi colored female any guesses on how the fry might turn out? Do you think this is a good idea? if not what should I breed him to?
Please give your opinions.
Tanks
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:28 AM   #2 
Setsuna

as far as color you might get some blue cause blue is the dominant color if she is mixed as far as tail goes idk its pretty random to me cause last time i breed 2 short tail pairs and got some split tails.
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #3 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

His fins are longer than in the pic he is not a short tail. I am thinking of getting a blue halfmoon female from www.crazy4bettas.ca They have some good looking bettas!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #4 
Setsuna

Go for it you never know wat type of tail your gonna get out of spawning your male or female can carry crazt traits lol just never know unless its your bloodline
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #5 
Creat

Until you can get a pic of him flaring or at least one of him from the side it a little hard to tell. VT tend to have no dividing rays to me he looks like a vt becasue he has none or few dividing rays in his tail. As for breeding him a lot of people will tell you no I am not one of them. As long as you care for the babies I dont care. You could breed VT to VT if you adhear to the same rules as beeding for other fin types. There are rough standards for vt form avaliable. Or if you wanted to breed to HM you would get larger vt. Fewer rays dominate multiple usually. If you bred to a rosetail or feather tail female I think it would up your chances of producing weak delta fish then breeding back to the female (hm or rosetail, etc. ) then you could potentially get some not to great but solid delta tails then work up to hm. But its about the effort you are willling to put into it and settinga goal.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote