Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #11 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hi I am sorry to see your guy having trouble and happening so fast. I just dont know what could be wrong after reading all the information but for now seems your doing what you can do and the only problem is keeping him warm which is very importand right now. Do you have something you could put him in and float him in the bigger tank so he can stay warm ? I will message a couple of people on the forum who can help okay. Hang in there !!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #12 
Oldfishlady

Good that you have him in QT....If you have one of those small temporary cups that Betta are sold in they work great for QT and usually small enough to float (attached) in a heated tank to maintain temp of at least 76-77 for treatment.

I would premix some treatment water in a 1gal jug of dechlorinated water-Add aquarium salt 2tsp/gal and a tannin source-let this steep

Using this premixed treatment water make 25% water changes every 15min for 1 hour today-He need to stay in the small QT in the treatment water for the duration of the treatment period of 10 days.

Tomorrow start 50% daily water changes using the premixed treatment water.

Nutrition-good quality varied diet fed in small frequent meals-If you have access to mosquito larva offer several rinsed several time a day....

Good luck and keep us posted.....
Oldfishlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #13 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Good that you have him in QT....If you have one of those small temporary cups that Betta are sold in they work great for QT and usually small enough to float (attached) in a heated tank to maintain temp of at least 76-77 for treatment.

I would premix some treatment water in a 1gal jug of dechlorinated water-Add aquarium salt 2tsp/gal and a tannin source-let this steep

Using this premixed treatment water make 25% water changes every 15min for 1 hour today-He need to stay in the small QT in the treatment water for the duration of the treatment period of 10 days.

Tomorrow start 50% daily water changes using the premixed treatment water.

Nutrition-good quality varied diet fed in small frequent meals-If you have access to mosquito larva offer several rinsed several time a day....

Good luck and keep us posted.....
Okay, I'll move him to a cup to float in the larger tank. I have some water already pretreated with AQ salt...we have live oak trees outside, can I just use some dried leaves from that to steep? And my tanks are at 78 right now without the heaters running, is that okay? I do have heaters just haven't had to use them yet. The tanks will probably warm to around 80 today...
We had to move this tank the other day, it is the planted 10g, so I had to remove a good portion of the water 90%, so I took some down to the pet store just now to test it, Nitrates 0, Nitrites 0, Ammonia .25...Should I do a 50% water change first?
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #14 
Oldfishlady

Collect naturally dried and fallen from the tree Oak leaves....I use about 20/gall of premixed treatment water...You can't overdose with natural products so it doesn't have to be exact......

Are the plant thriving, growing, how long has the planted tank been setup and running, lights...etc.....what kind of dechlorinator-some dechlorinator can cause skewed ammonia reading.....
Oldfishlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #15 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Collect naturally dried and fallen from the tree Oak leaves....I use about 20/gall of premixed treatment water...You can't overdose with natural products so it doesn't have to be exact......

Are the plant thriving, growing, how long has the planted tank been setup and running, lights...etc.....what kind of dechlorinator-some dechlorinator can cause skewed ammonia reading.....
All the plants are doing great, growing and rooting. This is the gravel based tank. The tank has been set up and running for almost 4 weeks now. I use tetra betta safe for my dechlorinator.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #16 
sunlight

let us know how he doing :)
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #17 
lelei

Aww..poor baby..It did happen fast, I am soo sorry..I hope he gets better soon..Please keep us updated~
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #18 
Bettanewbie60

Thanks everyone...I'm going to do all I can for him...thanks so much OFL.