Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #1 
noquierotrucos

Unhappy need help to save my betta

Im a new fish owner (almost one year) and I started with 1.5gallon tank with filter and bought a 3 gal. When I moved my betta to the new home she was depressed which I thought was normal but the next day (yesterday)she was the same and in the afternoon I saw what I thought was blood coming out of its gills and the water in the tank was not clear, she also has the gills area white. I panicked and moved it to the old tank and added some stress coat (2drops) , she stopped the bleeding and started moving but I still see white in her gills. Today I put food in the tank to see if it eats it. What else can I do to save my betta. Please help!!!
noquierotrucos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #2 
Rainbows

Location: In a house, in a town, in a state, in USA, on earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noquierotrucos View Post
Im a new fish owner (almost one year) and I started with 1.5gallon tank with filter and bought a 3 gal. When I moved my betta to the new home she was depressed which I thought was normal but the next day (yesterday)she was the same and in the afternoon I saw what I thought was blood coming out of its gills and the water in the tank was not clear, she also has the gills area white. I panicked and moved it to the old tank and added some stress coat (2drops) , she stopped the bleeding and started moving but I still see white in her gills. Today I put food in the tank to see if it eats it. What else can I do to save my betta. Please help!!!
Did you put conditiner into the water?
Rainbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #3 
noquierotrucos

I sure did but I dont know if it was enough for a 3 gal tank. I went to pet shop ad asked. They gave me methylene blue. I added 3 drops. At least she was more active this afternoon and ate one pellet.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #4 
Lizzie the Badger

That's a great point Rainbows. Did you add conditioner to the water to remove chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals? That is very important.

Also, if I'm reading your post correctly, you did not mention if you have a heater. Bettas a tropical fish and need a heater. Temperature is favored around 76-82, that's usually where a comfortable temp falls.

If you look at the top of the this section. You will see a thread labeled "Sticky: Please answer these questions......" Please do answer those questions.
Lizzie the Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #5 
noquierotrucos

Thank for your help ...my betta Lila is doing great!!! She's back to being cheerful and happy. I also bought my test kit so that I can make the water safer for her.