Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #1 
sareena79

does his tail look ok?

With Sushi being a crowntail I always worry that I may miss a rip/tear in his fin and that it will get out of hand and I will end up with a case of fin rot (Im a worrier) plus he has such LONG rays its hard to really tell, ya know? I couldnt get him to sit still enough for a good pic so I decided to take a video.
Im new to this whole betta thing and just wanna make sure Im taking good care of my little "Piranha" lol (he's quite fiesty sometimes!).....and before its asked, YES he is in a vase but its LARGE 2g one that I clean/condition twice a week. The roots of his plant only take up about 1in of the opening which is over 6in across so he gets plenty of air and they only extend down about 2in into the water and are rinsed/trimmed regularly. He likes to hang out in them alot. He has an LED light with a moonlight setting as well and I have a thermometer and heater (adjustable) that will be here this week. He gets fed a combo of betta flakes and brine shrimp once daily. I know its not ideal and Im eventually going to move him to a 5gal when I can afford it and have more room but for now I think hes doing very well, just wanna know if anyone has any opinions on his tail. Does it look ok???
HOPEFULLY THIS WORK hahahah bear with me, Im still learning:

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...psf2c7d849.mp4
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The fins look good for a crow tail. But the tank does not sound heated, plus the hole in the lid you described sounds like he can jump out so make sure there is something above it and air below it. Bettas can actually drown. Can not wait to see the five gallon. Remember heaters area must.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #3 
laynisample

She said she has a heater in there, CB. His rays look fine. I also can't wait to see his five gallon tank. :D
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Sorry thought I read everything. But the five gallon is gonna be great. But beware the jumping Betta.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #5 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I have a CT also and yes his looks just fine to me, he is very pretty !!!
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #6 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I keep a male delta tail male and female veil tail.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #7 
sareena79

Thanks yall, Im a worry-wart. My hubby makes fun of me for it but I figure "betta" safe than sorry (hardy-har-har) sorry couldnt resist!...and yes he will have an ADJUSTABLE heater here in the next few days. Ida had one already but ones for a tank that size WITH a thermostat are hard to come by at a decent price....as far as the cover goes, he has about 4 inches from water line to the top of the vase and there are vines from the plant "draped" across it so hes getting the air but there is still a kind of barrier to inhibit any houdini maneuvers lol, but the 5gal will have a cover just in case.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #8 
crowntaillove

he's so pretty!
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #9 
sareena79

thanks! do u have pix of yours? I love looking at betta pix :)
Old 09-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #10 
katydidmischief

Oh he is beautiful, Sareena; I've been wondering what your little Sushi looked like. And yup, he looks okay, just nice long crowntail fins.
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote