Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #1 
Imagine

Question Heaters at petco?

Are there any small heaters (1.5 -4 g) that are under $15 at petco? The website doesn't have any I don't think, but often times there are stuff at the store not online, and vice versa. I want a small heater that I can use in a small tank at first, and then a bigger one once I save up for it. And I might be getting a petco gift card soon...
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #2 
registereduser

If you can hold out for a heater that is adjustable that would be best. I don't know if there are any for $15 but I have come to the conclusion that the ones that are not adjustable are crap
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #3 
sarahspins

Walmart has one that's about $12 I think... Petco's heater selection in the store is fairly pathetic. Petsmart typically has more options.
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #4 
Imagine

I was at pet smart yesterday and was looking for the heaters, but couldn't find any...a bit strange.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #5 
Imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
If you can hold out for a heater that is adjustable that would be best. I don't know if there are any for $15 but I have come to the conclusion that the ones that are not adjustable are crap
I actually was planning to pre-buy it for a betta I'm getting soon. My house is kind of chilly now that summer is over(68-69 degrees) so a heater is necessary. If I used a non adjustable heater with a timer, would that work?
Old 09-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #6 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
I actually was planning to pre-buy it for a betta I'm getting soon. My house is kind of chilly now that summer is over(68-69 degrees) so a heater is necessary. If I used a non adjustable heater with a timer, would that work?
I hope so. I have one is a 2 gallon right now, non-adustable, and it is not keeping it any warmer than room temp which is 72.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #7 
Imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
I hope so. I have one is a 2 gallon right now, non-adustable, and it is not keeping it any warmer than room temp which is 72.
What kind of heater is it? At least it's not fluctuating :P
Old 09-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #8 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Check on Amazon they have some really good deals on heaters, I got a Elite adjustable for like 17 dollars and its working great.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #9 
JillGat

I just saw a good review for the Hagan 25w Elite Submersible Preset Heater Mini http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Submersi.../dp/B00106X8QG It looks promising.. I'm going to check PetSmart to see if they have it and I will test it in a gallon jar to be sure it works before I put it in my 1.5 gal. betta bowl. No one else here has used one of these?
JillGat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #10 
Imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillGat View Post
I just saw a good review for the Hagan 25w Elite Submersible Preset Heater Mini http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Submersi.../dp/B00106X8QG It looks promising.. I'm going to check PetSmart to see if they have it and I will test it in a gallon jar to be sure it works before I put it in my 1.5 gal. betta bowl. No one else here has used one of these?
I heard a lot of people like those Elite heaters, but I haven't seen them at petsmart before. They do have a lot of smaller heaters there though.