Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #1 
fleetfish

Tough times ....

call for tough decisions. :(

Recently, I've found myself in hard times. As a result my fish suffer and this time I didn't want that to happen. So I guess you're wondering where I've been .... I've given my remaining bettas away to friends, leaving me with only one. It was very hard, but in the end, it's easier on myself to only have one.

Plum, Swarovski, Balthazar, and Tallullah have all gone to excellent homes and I've made sure that they will have top notch care. For now I'm enjoying Blue Jeans' company ... silly boy that he is. I was considering giving away all of my fish, but I couldn't fathom BJ being with anyone else.

Hopefully I can get back on the ball with my betta keeping. I've got an empty 3 gallon Kritter Keeper and four 2.5g's waiting .... but not yet. It isn't quite time, I feel.

It's nice to be back! Really it is :) I've missed you all.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome back......

I understand too...when I got sick I was forced to tear all my tanks down and put them away. I didn't have an aquarium for several years due to being sick and bed bound, however, I did have a small bowl with wild guppies sitting at my bedside for the first couple of years-then a Betta and soon I didn't have room for anything on my bedside table from all the fish gifts I started to get....lol.....I truly think they helped me get out of bed and I started pulling one aquarium at a time out of the barn and soon I was getting aquariums for gifts and now my house is full.....I did have to find a different way to keep fish than I did before due to my limitations-but when there is a will there is a way......

Again...Welcome back......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #3 
Pilot00

Welcome back. I understand how things can be I am on a very, very tough situation of my life for the last 3 years but the pressure is threatening to overwhelm me these last 2 weeks. Just hang on in there please. I know how difficult it can be to let go of your pets/friends... I had to leave mine with my dad(thankfully).

Heres a toast then: May times turn around and we find ourselves happy with many more betta fish!
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #4 
fleetfish

OFL, Pilot, thanks for your kind words - it means a lot to me. I'm shifting jobs and trying to juggle other things and keeping so many bettas just made me freeze and reconsider what exactly I would do if the time came to move away or something. BJ is getting spoiled right now, so he's one happy fella ... I do love him. It's strange having just one betta ... I'm used to having dozens at a time, lol.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

One day when things get better you can get a few more fish. I think that, in our love for these beautiful fish, we sometimes bite off more than we can chew and end up overwhelmed. I'm glad you kept one to keep you company. May better times be ahead for both of you, Fleetfish and Pilot.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #6 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
One day when things get better you can get a few more fish. I think that, in our love for these beautiful fish, we sometimes bite off more than we can chew and end up overwhelmed. I'm glad you kept one to keep you company. May better times be ahead for both of you, Fleetfish and Pilot.
Thanks a lot as well, when things look bleak a few kind words can make a difference.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #7 
RedRaz

Welcome back fleetfish! I do understand how hard that can be. *hugs* I'm happy to hear you were able to keep one fish at least. May good fortune and health find you fleetfish and Pilot!

Oldfishlady I'm sorry to hear about you being sick. I hope all is well now. It really is the small things that can make a big difference. Fish can help us through tough times. I am beginning to realize this. :)
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #8 
Kitty Whiskers

"Tough Times never last, but tough people do"
Glad you are around still and have at leat 1 Betta with you.
Wishing you all the best! Hang in there :)
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #9 
fleetfish

Well, today I stopped by Petsmart for the first time in a month just to look. I decided one more wouldn't hurt, and besides, Beej needs company. I picked out a young yellow delta boy who was beyond resisting :)
Old 09-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #10 
Jupiter

Yeah, I understand what you're going through in a sense...well, it's the right choice to rehome if you feel like you aren't able to provide, though I'm sure it's a hard decision.

Hopefully things will start looking up for you. :)
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote