Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #1 
LizzyP

Betta not interested in food

Dumbledore isn't interested in his food anymore. I feed him a mix of Omega One Betta Buffet, freeze dried bloodworms and occasionally a small piece of shrimp.

He flares and dances for me like he's hungry, but when I open the lid he just ZOOMS around the tank, fins puffed out and just blazing right past the pellets. Usually he'll eat until I stop giving him food. But now he eats maybe one pellet.

Only thing I can think of is he made a pretty impressive bubble nest right under the lid on a silk plant. I mean, I can touch it when I open it. Do you think maybe he's worried about his nest? I messed it up today thinking maybe that's what it was but he blew another while I was out. Any suggestions?

Lizzy
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #2 
babystarz

You could be right about the nest, males often don't eat when they're caring for eggs. He could think he's expecting some babies.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #3 
LizzyP

+1 ^

I just did a water change, and he ate fine. I had my mom rearrange the tank and he ate. Funny thing is, he's never seen a female as long as I've had him, and the only other fish I have is another male betta on the opposite side of the room. Lol
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote