Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #31 
CTBettaLover

Well there still has been no change... His poop doesn't seem to be as stringy as before so thats good but his belly has not gone down in size at all. I am wondering if I can put him back in the 10g with my other fish since he isn't acting sickly. He has got to be sooo bored in the tiny 1/2 g tank. Im going to discontinue using any medication as it hasnt seemed to do much good. I just don't want him to get picked on by my female dalmation molly since he is small slow and probably in a weak state. I just want him to enjoy the rest of his life, however long that may be. I dont think he is enjoying his tiny unfurbished qt very much. Its been a month now...
CTBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #32 
ao
TFK Moderator

Give the molly away? D:
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #33 
CTBettaLover

Well i put him in the 10g so he could have a heated tank. Stan and Molly (creative right? ;) ) don't seem to have an interest in eachother whatsoever. When i first put him in there he explored an eventually found one of my ghost shrimp. He must have found it captivating because he followed it around the entire tank. The next day the biggest ghost shrimp was following him around! Trying to grab his tail. Stanley eventually had enough of that and scared the shrimp away. They havent really interacted at all since. But all seems to be going well. i will be doing a large water change with my gravel vaccum tomorrow. That dang molly puts out as much ammonia as a goldfish!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #34 
ANHEL123

I am glad he is doing good. Just watch ghost shrimp and Stanley, if he follow him one time it can happen again though
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #35 
CTBettaLover

As an update, stanley is now in his own foresty 5g heated and filtered tank with a big decorative pot cave and a sunken liberty bell lookin cave. Although he maintains a moderate bloat he is very happy. I put the shrimpies in with him and they are getting along swimmingly ;]. lol. Stanley sometimes pigs out on the sinking pellets i drop in there for the shrimp and gets a large belly and whatseems like a bell'y ache. He gets fed a pea, it all moves along, and he is happy again.

My community tank has 5 female bettas 3 cories and 1 dalmation molly( who I love but will have to return bc she wants brackish water which my cories cant tolerate ). All is well.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #36 
ANHEL123

Awesome , thank you for update i was wondering how he is doing. I also saw another post when betta is extremely bloated just like yours. Good to know he is happy, you doing good job!

ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote